Certification and TRAQ
For in-person certification exams, ISA has issued new exam guidelines beginning May 15, 2020. All exam candidates will receive these in writing once enrolled in an exam.
- All in-person exams require a candidate to wear a face mask. A person without a mask will not be permitted to sit for the exam. The proctor and/or assistant will not be able to provide these for the test candidates.
- Gloves can be worn but are not mandatory and must be disposed of at the conclusion of the exam in front of the proctor.
- Candidates are asked to follow a new procedure by answering questions regarding their health and COVID-19 to be admitted into the exam.
- Wash your hands in the restroom upon arrival at the test site.
- Review all World Health Organization signage upon arrival.
Select Pearson VUE testing centers offering computer based exams are open at 50% capacity as of May 1, 2020. Check the Pearson Vue website for details on the center you are scheduled for. You can find more information about Pearson Vue Center’s updated information throughout the world here.
For questions regarding cancelled/rescheduled exams, ISA has a list of COVID-19 FAQs. Click here.
Certification information and an application form can be obtained here. To view computer based testing locations click here. In order to schedule a computer based exam, you MUST submit your application and/or retake form to ISA. The testing vendor will not allow you to schedule an exam directly through them.
ISA Certified Arborist
Contact Daniel Cottier, Certification Liaison at email@example.com
Already certified? Check your status here.
Testing: Certification exam dates and review classes can be found here.
ISA credential guide with applications can be found here.
Testing center information can be found here.
If would like to obtain CEUs for an event, complete the form and email to Daniel Cottier
1) Two week advance notice
2) Submit all of the following:
Name of person to be responsible for CEU forms
Complete address of that person
Phone and email address of person responsible
Exact location of event
Is the event open to the public or private?
3) A complete outline of the workshop with as much detail as possible
4) List of speakers
5) Time of each talk
6) Be sure to add in breaks and lunch
7) Be willing to send the original signed CEU sheets to ISA and keep a copy for 4 years.
If certificants do not sign their name legibly, their CEU’s will not be added to their account.
Contact John Giedraitis
ISA Municipal Specialist Instructions and Application Guide