October 4, 2021
Climbing Arborist/ Crew Leader – Houston
We are seeking professional climbing arborists for consistent, full-time work in South Houston, Texas.
The right candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Ability to commute to Pearland (Monday-Friday, 7:15-4:30.)
- Career in Arboriculture
- 3-5 years experience as a climbing arborist on a full-time basis.
- Proficient in tree pruning and removal according to industry standards.
- Proficient in MRS or SRT climbing
- Proficient with climbing spurs and technical rigging for tree Removal.
- Must wear proper protection equipment (PPE) provided by company.
- Tree identification basics
- Operate in a safe and professional manner.
- Clearly communicate and execute work orders as proposed to client by sales representative.
- Lead with a positive attitude.
- Train apprentice climbers.
- Drivers License
Hourly rate or salary is negotiable and includes sales commission, structured bonus and paid vacation time. Please submit resume.Contact email: email@example.com
October 4, 2021
Urban Landscaping Specialist – El Paso
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Operations Manager and Executive Director
The El Paso Downtown Management District (DMD) is looking for a highly motivated, organized, outgoing, public service driven individual to work in a highly visible, high energy, ever evolving, downtown environment. The DMD is a quasi-governmental entity and an equal opportunity employer.
The Urban Landscaping Specialist is responsible for, but not limited to, leading an effort individually or with a team of available staff/clients in establishing and maintaining the urban tree canopy and landscaping areas within the Downtown Management District.
Specific roles of the Urban Landscaping Specialist include:
- Supervision and reporting of client participation.
- Supervision of Part-Time and Temporary/ Seasonal help.
- Assist Operations Manager with creation of an Annual Workplan.
- Maintain all tree wells/trees within the district to include:
o An annual inventory of all Downtown tree wells, trees (including species, size, condition, maintenance needed, location, conflicts with overhead wires, buildings or lighting), and irrigation systems.
o Regular cleaning of all tree wells.
o Address trip hazards caused by loose or uneven tree grates. This could include removal of the grate and leveling of well with different materials.
o Minor Irrigation Systems Maintenance.
o Tree Trimming and Removal. Minor work will be completed by staff, larger projects will be contracted out.
o Hand-watering of trees where irrigation does not function or cannot be repaired with minor maintenance.
o Planting of new trees on an annual basis. Including the organization of community planting activities.
- Maintain various landscaped areas.
- Apply pesticides and chemicals for insect, disease and weed control.
- Monitoring of contractors and contracted services.
- Provides customer service to visitors, businesspeople, merchants and residents of the DMD.
- Communicates with co-workers and Operations Manager via cell phone to report location, assignments and problems.
- Other duties as assigned to include but not limited to training, utilizing mechanized equipment, and working with other DMD employees on specific projects. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position, if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Necessary Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Self-motivated, energetic learner and leader.
- Ability to manage and motivate team.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal & written, and listening. Ability to communicate in English and Spanish preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with groups and the public.
- Required to maintain a clean, neat appearance.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Proven ability to exercise self-control when dealing with distraught, disturbed, disabled, irate and intoxicated individuals.
- Must follow ANSI-A300 standard practices in regards to pruning, planting, and other tree and shrub plant management practices.
- Modern methods and techniques of landscape design/maintenance, and pesticide applications.
- Irrigation installation, replacement and repair.
- Valid US Driver’s License.
- Backflow Prevention Certification (or within 6 months of certification).
- Texas Landscape Irrigation License (or within 6 months of licensure).
- Basic mechanical skills in order to operate and perform basic preventative maintenance and maintenance on equipment.
- Ability to meet physical demands required by the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Position will require some evening and weekend hours, with additional requirements to be on call for significant emergencies or major events. Hours may vary occasionally for special events and operations.
- Arborist Certification (or within 6 months of certification).
- Non-Commercial Texas Pesticide Applicators License (or within 6 months of licensure).
- Previous management or supervisory experience.
- Starting Hourly Pay Range: $26.44 to $28.84
- Health Insurance: DMD pays approximately 75% of the monthly individual premium provided by the DMD identified carrier. Employee pays 25% of the monthly individual premium and 100% of any additional chosen dependent coverage. Dental plan is available at 100% cost to the employee.
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave.
Submit the Downtown Management District Application for Employment, a cover letter, and an up-to-date resume with reference and salary history, to:
El Paso Downtown Management District
201 E. Main, Suite 107
El Paso, TX 79901
September 23, 2021
Environmental Inspection Specialist Senior – City of Austin
The City of Austin – Development Services Department is seeking an Environmental Inspection Specialist Senior to conduct both environmental and tree inspection enforcement on construction sites. This position is expected to be in the field nearly 100% of the work day and does not have an assigned office space.
– Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a field related to Environmental Science, Life Science, or Natural Science, plus six (6) years of experience in a related field.
– Graduation with a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a field related to Environmental Science, Life Science, or Natural Science may substitute for experience up to two (2) years.
– Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Certified Erosion, Sediment, & Stormwater Inspector (CESSWI), Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control(CISEC), or Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC).
– International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist.
– Knowledge and experience inspecting temporary Best Management Practices (BMP) at construction sites.
– Ability to travel to more than one work location.
For more information and to apply: https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/90815Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
September 22, 2021
Arborist I/II – City of Fort Worth
Parks and Recreation
Pay Range: $13.76 – $18.53/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021
Must apply at https://www.fortworthtexas.gov/job-board
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
An Arborist I/II job with the City of Fort Worth Park & Recreation Department-Forestry Section. The selected candidate will be responsible for working on a small team to perform tree pruning and removal work from public spaces around the city including parks and street rights-of-way. Our employees serve the needs of over 900,000 City residents and manage a park system that consists of 290 parks with a combined size of over 12,000 acres. The City also has one of the most respected municipal forestry programs in the state and is recognized as the oldest Tree City USA in Texas. These attributes, combined with a system of neighborhood and community parks, contribute to meeting the City’s diverse parks, recreation and open space needs.
Arborist I Minimum Qualifications:
- Less than a high school diploma/GED and no prior experience
- Valid Driver’s License
The Arborist II job responsibilities include:
- All Arborist I responsibilities
- Properly remove large trees, limbs and stumps in a safe and efficient manner
- Proper use and ability to operate large and/or specialized equipment common to tree care
- Plan, prioritize, organize and employ efficient time management skills
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision while performing tree maintenance and care
- Assume leadership position within small group of employees, if assigned
Arborist II Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma/GED
- One (1) year of responsible experience in tree maintenance, tree climbing, field construction, or other operational activities related to forestry
- Valid Class B (CDL-B) Driver’s License at time of hire
- ISA certifications
- Prior experience and working knowledge of climbing trees with rope and saddle
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.Contact email:
September 15, 2021
Director of Plant Healthcare / Consulting Arborist- Dallas
Organization: Confidential – Full-Service Tree Company in the Dallas, TX area
Role: Director of Plant Healthcare / Consulting Arborist
Expected hire date: October 10, 2021
Work Location: 70% in the field – 30% in the office
Work environment: 85% on own, 15% with team
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, Saturday’s if needed
Requirements: **Must meet ALL requirements to be considered**
ISA Certified Arborist, 2+ years sales or account management experience, Proficient in verbal and electronic communication.
$80k – $90k annual, plus bonus opportunity. Vehicle and phone allowance. Relocation expense might be considered for the right individual.
As the PHC Director / Consulting Arborist you are the face of the company and oversee the Plant Healthcare Department. You meet with customers daily, diagnosing and providing recommendations, while bringing in profitable sales for the company. Your goal is to grow and maintain the PHC line of business. In general, this will include completing goals set forth by the company, ensuring equipment is operational, helping the sales team sell PHC work, selling PHC work yourself, maintaining inventory, maintaining the Tree Shepherds brand, and acting as a bridge between the customer and the crew.
Success in this position means that you have grown the PHC department from current revenues to targeted revenues in a certain period while accomplishing the company’s mission. This is achieved by meeting quarterly goals and receiving positive customer feedback. Position requires an individual who is eager to grow, self-motivated, thinks outside of the box, and has the ability to establish and maintain relationships.
Duties include but aren’t limited to:
- Accomplish 4 – 6 appointments per day, 5 days per week
- Learn and utilize company software
- Meet sales targets
- Write diagnosis reports and estimates for customers
- Develop sales territory
- Understand all company service offerings
- Customer follow-ups and complaints
- Attend weekly sales meetings
- Maintain arborist certification and qualifications
- Work with office personnel on maintaining your schedule
- Communicate with crews on jobs you sell
- Uphold Tree Shepherds standards and industry best practices when providing estimates
- Maintain inventory
- Work with owners to develop the business.
- Create and execute a business plan
- Be willing to do the technician’s work as necessary
- Any other tasks related to your expertise
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of arboriculture techniques. Knowledge of effective sales and/or account management strategies. Knowledge of individual strengths and weaknesses.
Skilled in conducting tree inventory and completing thorough proposals. Skilled in data entry. Skilled in completing sales quotes. Skilled in following up with clients on proposals.
Ability to work independently. Ability to effectively communicate with multi-generations. Ability to effectively communicate in person, on phone, and in writing. Ability to work alone and in team environment. Ability to receive positive criticism and learn quickly. Ability to resolve conflict with a win-win outcome. Ability to admit wrongdoings and hold self-accountable. Ability to understand the organization’s purpose and vision.
About the Company:
Family owner business focused on values, culture, and providing excellent customer service in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. We believe are employees are our greatest assets, and by taking care of our employees we take care of our customers. Come grow with an expanding team who believes in pursuing excellence.
Success in this role means that you care. You care about what the company is trying to accomplish, you care about being exceptional in all tasks, you care about maintaining a respectable and professional character, and you care about others. You are humble and show fortitude.
Principal, Robison Interview Consultants LLC
September 15, 2021
Horticulturist Supervisor (Tree Maintenance Program Supervisor) – Austin
The Horticulturist Supervisor position is one of 2 Supervisors in the Parks and Recreation Forestry program. This Supervisor is responsible for providing oversight and leadership for the Parks tree maintenance program, which includes supervising 6 direct reports and providing support to an additional 17 tree maintenance staff. The tree maintenance program is responsible for tree inspection, proactive and reactive maintenance, tree removal and risk management for over 300,000 trees across 300 city-maintained parks.
- Scheduling and dispatching maintenance crews daily.
- Ensuring staff maintain proficiency with equipment, current climbing techniques and follow ANSI A300 and Z133 industry standards.
- Monitor crew performance, provide coaching, correction and disciplinary action when necessary.
- Draft and administer performance reviews, develop and implement crew training.
- Ensure fleet vehicles are properly used, maintained, and inspected.
- Develop and monitor annual budget.
- Assist with refining and implementing 3-5 year strategic plan.
- Draft and implement annual operational work plans.
- Coordinate communication about planned work with internal and external partner groups.
- Provide support for training and volunteer events as well as educational programs.
- Recruit, hire and train new employees.
- Respond to emergency events as needed to coordinate crew response.
Pay range: $24.59 – $31.91 per hour
Hours: Monday – Friday, 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. This salaried position will oversee units that require emergency response at all hours. Some weekends, evenings and holiday work will be required.
More information here: https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/91818Contact email: Joshua.Erickson@austintexas.gov
August 6, 2021
Salesperson/Arborist – Houston
Arbor Care Inc. a well established tree care firm in Houston Texas is interested in hiring a self motivated, career driven Salesperson/Arborist. Experience in estimating tree services, customer relations, and plant health care are important. Compensation is negotiable. This company provides a wide range of benefits including, health insurance, worker’s compensation, paid vacation and holidays, and retirement options. If interested in working at a quality company, please e-mail resume to email@example.com, fax it to 713-694-8895 or call Garrett Ryerson at 713-694-8898.Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
July 28, 2021
Environmental Review Specialist Sr. (Tree Review) – Austin
The Development Services Department (DSD) assists homeowners, business owners, and contractors when they build, demolish, remodel or perform any type of construction to ensure compliance with applicable city and building codes.
DSD is seeking an Environmental Review Specialist Sr. to join the Expedited Building Plan Review team. This position will perform residential tree review to ensure tree regulations and ordinances are being met. This includes performing completeness checks, performing site visits and attending review meetings.
Environmental Review Specialist Sr. (Tree Review)email@example.com
July 26, 2021
ISA Certified Arborist – California
Tetra Tech is hiring ISA Certified Arborist for work in the pacific northwest area, which is near the Lake County area in Northern CA. This project is estimated to start on Monday August 2nd, 2021.
Arborists are going out because we are starting preventive work in the state of CA. The Arborist will be there to help identify trees that may pose a hazard to electrical lines for potential fires.
The Project will involve the following:
● Walking through utility easements to identify and mark potentially hazardous trees with an ArcGIS tool. (This is a role that involves a lot of walking every day.)
● Work is 6 days a week with an estimated 10 hours a day (overtime eligible after 8 hours a day)
● Work is projected to last to December 2021 BUT (willing to accept someone who will commit AT LEAST a full 30 days)
● $30.00 an hour with overtime at $45 an hour after 8 hours each day.
● They will get a bonus each month of $5 per hour for every hour worked in the month if they work the whole month. (You get this in the beginning of the following month. EXTRA estimated a $1,200 a month bonus.)
● Based on the hourly rate and bonus, arborist can make up to $9,600 per month
● Tetra Tech will cover your airfare to the project as well as a rental car and reimbursement for fuel expenses.
● Per Diem is $140 per day if you pay for your own lodging or $37 per day for food if Tetra Tech pays for your lodging.
The Benefits of working with Tetra Tech:
● Working in a unique environment and tree species within the pacific northwest area in California.
● Hours and work may count towards your certifications or accreditations.
● Environmentally oriented work to help mitigate against environmental damage from wildfires.
● Opportunity to grow your Career with us long term.
● Must be ISA Certified ArboristContact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
● Must be able to pass a drug screen
● Have a valid driver’s license**
● Have good driving record
● In order to be considered for this position, your driving record must not indicate any of the following during the past 3 years:
● Punitive suspension, denial or revocation of driver’s license
● Conviction for impaired or intoxicated driving (DWAI, DUI, DWI)
● Conviction of: reckless driving, driving with a suspended/denied/revoked license, hit and run or leaving the scene
● Conviction of 3 or more moving violations, at fault accidents or a combination
● Link to apply:
● Edwin Rodriguez | Talent Acquisition- Recruiter
Direct 321-358-5044 |edwin.rodriguez1@Tetratech.com
Tetra Tech | Leading with Science® | Disaster Recovery
2301 Lucien Way, Suite 120 | Maitland, FL 32751 | Tetratech.com |
July 1, 2021
Certified Arborist – San Antonio
Tree Mann Solutions, LLC is looking for a part-time certified arborist to assist in tree inventories, risk assessments, construction site monitoring, report writing, tree preservation management, etc. Position has opportunity to grow into full-time position.
Preference for TRAQ candidates with Central and South TX tree identification proficiency and strong communication skills (personal and written). Tree Mann Solutions, LLC services the greater Austin and San Antonio markets and focuses on arboriculture consulting services primarily for commercial and residential development projects.
If you want to have flexible hours, interesting work, good pay, and like providing creative solutions to save good trees with new development, you’re a good fit!
Pay commensurate upon experience and qualifications with $25.00 per hour base wage for position.
Please email resumes to email@example.comContact email: