February 20, 2020
Climber – Denton
We are a local and established tree service company in Denton for over 16 years. We are looking to expand our team with quality, hardworking Climbers. Please see the job description and requirements below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Teamwork and good moral values
Have 2 or more years experience in climbing Be authorized to work in the United States.
Must be able to operate and maintain chainsaws Communicate proficiently Work hard and be ready to work in different outdoor conditions Must take direction well Able to operate a chipper truck, larger work trucks and heavy machinery a plus Must have a valid drivers license Back Ground check required
All resumes and inquiries must be sent to email@example.com before any phone calls are made. We look forward to hearing from you.Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
February 20, 2020
Tree Reviewer with Austin’s City Arborist Program
The City of Austin’s Community Tree Preservation Division is seeking someone to fill the position of Planner II, III, or Senior within the City Arborist program. The primary functions of the job are reviewing commercial and residential plans for compliance with the City of Austin’s Land Development Code and assisting walk-in customers in the Development Assistance Center. The ideal candidate will possess arboriculture experience, knowledge of land use regulations, and strong customer service skills.
The Planner II, III and Senior positions are part of the City Arborist Program in the Development Services Department. This posting will hire one position.
Potential duties may include:
- Provide customer service in the Development Assistance Center for general questions related to City of Austin tree preservation regulations. This role will review site plan corrections and exemptions administered through the Development Assistance Center.
- Review residential and site plan development plans. This position is responsible for reviewing and analyzing construction plans and processing permit applications related to land development. This position is expected to review and comment on tree ordinances and regulations, perform field work, attend meetings, and assist internal employees and the public with the integration of regulations, processes and procedures.
Knowledge of arboriculture, construction and local land development regulations is needed for this position. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are also needed for this position; in this role you must successfully perform daily interactions with the public, construction professionals, other stakeholders, and internal employees.
Notes to Applicants:
The Development Services Department assists homeowners, business owners, and contractors when they build, demolish, remodel or perform any type of construction to ensure compliance with applicable city and building codes.
A detailed complete online City of Austin employment application is required to help us better evaluate your qualifications, and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position.
A cover letter and resume must be submitted, but will not substitute for a complete online City of Austin employment application.
Employment history dates must include month and year. Please verify that the employment history, dates, month, and year, on your resume exactly match the online employment application.
Learn more and apply here: https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/81920Contact email:
February 12, 2020
Ground Operations Specialist – Fort Worth
We are Blue Ox Urban Forestry, a highly-rated small business based out of Fort Worth, Texas. Check out our reviews on Yelp and Google and you’ll see that we do things a little differently. Our mission is to preserve our urban forest and promote a community-wide passion for arboriculture by taking a three-step approach: prioritize science-based methodologies in all services; invest in the growth and happiness of our employees; and build lasting and meaningful relationships with clients through hands-on participation.
While Blue Ox is ready to grow at a rapid pace, we will never lose sight of our mission. We focus every day on maintaining the family-like community we have created with our employees and clients alike, where everyone is treated with equal value and mutual respect. We are always on the hunt for individuals who share these values, and who are excited to put in some hard work and take advantage of the unique benefits that come with working for a locally-owned small business.
ABOUT THE PERKS
In addition to hourly pay and bonuses, Blue Ox is always willing to pay for tree-care-related education. Any classes, conferences, certifications or literature that our employees think will benefit their arboricultural career can be approved and funded by the company. We also have some company traditions that are financially beneficial, and we’re always adding more. We are passionate about creating a company culture that embodies our Core Values:
- Treat our environment and community with respect • Bring passion and positivity to every day • Deliver quality without sacrificing safety • Empower ourselves and others through learning • Don’t forget to play
Some of our traditions include our annual company retreat (all expenses paid), Kicks for Commitment (hand-select your own brand-new, high-quality, totally-free pair of work boots on your one-year anniversary with Blue Ox), and PPE Pop Quiz Payouts (earn some quick cash for acing a monthly pop quiz all about safety).
ABOUT THE POSITION
Ground Operations Specialist
Status: Non-exempt, $12-17/hour
Direct report: Crew Leader
✓ 0-2 years experience on a tree crew
✓ Valid driver’s license a plus
✓ Pass standard vision and hearing tests ✓ Maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time ✓ Wear all necessary PPE any time it is required ✓ Enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day ✓ Withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e. rain, heat, sun, cold ✓ Be able to traverse various terrains ✓ Be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
✓ Be able to communicate with others
✓ Be able to maintain attention during dangerous tasks ✓ Be able to lift, move and maneuver up to 80 pounds on an infrequent basis, and up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis ✓ Have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight or ten hour day ✓ Be able to work long hours and overtime during/immediately following weather or other tree-related emergencies (including holidays, weekends, etc.) ✓ Have sufficient eyesight to judge distances, and the coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools ✓ Be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment ✓ Have transportation to and from the start-up location ✓ Pass a pre-employment drug test and have a clean driver safety record if applying for a position that requires driving company vehicles
✓ Be punctual and reliable every day, and maintain good communication with your supervisor regarding anticipated absences, late arrivals, early departures, etc.
✓ Operate a chainsaw to piece up brush and logs ✓ Use chainsaws, hand saws, and pole saws to prune from the ground or rooftops ✓ Make pruning cuts according to ANSI A300 standards ✓ Assist the climber with rigging line operations by lowering cut limbs safely to the ground ✓ Gather, stack, and haul brush and logs and feed it into a chipper or load onto a trailer ✓ Service and clean chipper, chainsaws, pole saws, and other equipment as needed ✓ Work around hazardous equipment ✓ Work around excessive noise from machinery with ear protection ✓ Work in all temperatures and weather and be exposed to nature (i.e., irritating plants, biting or stinging insects, dust, etc) ✓ Work on un-level terrain and from rooftops ✓ Work around falling limbs with proper protection ✓ Any additional tasks as specified by supervisorsContact email: email@example.com
February 12, 2020
Staff Forester/Ecologist – College Station
Texas A&M Forest Service seeks a Staff Forester/Ecologist to support the development and maintenance of statewide community forestry initiatives. Located at the TFS Headquarters in College Station, this position will work cooperatively with leadership team to implement the Healthy Tree Healthy Lives initiative in Texas and support dedicated funding projects to achieve program and Agency mission. This is a full-time, temporary position funded through September 2022, with possibility of continued firstname.lastname@example.org
January 28, 2020
Sales Territory Manager for the South Central (Texas and Louisiana)
Rainbow Treecare Scientific Advancements (RTSA) is creating extraordinary breakthroughs in the green industry across the United States. A fundamental premise of Rainbow is the integrity of our people, products and services. For more than 40 years, Rainbow has been dedicated to scientifically proven-methods and we believe in continuous education, research and discovery as we support and grow as leaders in our industry. Our plant health care products and services are guaranteed to give complete customer satisfaction while delivering unprecedented service, performance, quality and value.
Do you have what it takes to join a high powered professional sales team and one of the most dynamic and entrepreneurial companies in the industry? Are you ambitious, energetic, highly adaptable, and inspired by innovation?
We are currently looking for a Sales Territory Manager for the South Central (Texas and Louisiana) market to join our team to serve existing clients, grow new business with landscape professionals, landscape maintenance companies, tree care companies, golf courses, cities and government organizations. The Sales Territory Manager would be responsible for identifying and establishing relationships with potential clients and fostering relationships with current clients that will increase product use, value, service, and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities and Duties:
*Create a positive RTSA client experience by providing top-tier customer services using a consultative selling approach and a commitment to serve clients.
*Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events to create awareness and develop relationships with key influencers inside companies, green industry associations and others within the green industry.
*Identify new business opportunities with current and future product lines for Rainbow.
*Research and discover the needs of clients to best serve them in growing their plant health care business with Rainbow products, protocols and application equipment.
*Collaborate and contribute as a committed, dedicated and coachable sales professional during team meetings.
*Develop and regularly update a working prospect list for the territory.
*Meet or exceed aligned upon sales goals within the territory on Rainbow’s core products.
*Prepare and deliver PowerPoint presentations and sales presentations that enroll and create opportunities to serve clients.
Qualifications and Skills:
*Passion for the preservation and protection of trees and shrubs in the urban environment with a high level of integrity and accountability towards serving clients and providing science-based, researched-backed solutions.
*Demonstrate diplomacy, maturity, self-confidence and a positive attitude.
*Driven to serve clients.
*Ability to adapt to an increasingly changing sales environment.
*Show genuine interest in the needs and opinions of others.
*Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population.
*Ability to organize, prioritize and multitask.
*Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
*3+ years of green industry sales experience required in B2B sales or related field.
*This position requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Agriculture, Horticulture, or Business.
*This position requires someone who is well networked in nursery, landscape and urban forestry associations in the territory.
*Ideally candidates will have sales or business experience in the landscape professional/landscape maintenance industry.
*Experience with and proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
*This position would have a home-based office and ideally located in a major metro area within the territory.
*This position would require 50% travel in the territory.
Our mission is to develop science backed products and protocols that achieve predictable results and to help educate and train green industry professionals how to get these results. We are a progressive firm with a clear vision and solid values, dedicated to serving our clients. Rainbow offers a competitive compensation package including medical and dental benefits, 401K, ESOP, life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, vacation and holiday pay, casual atmosphere, and more.
Please submit your resume https://www.treecarescience.com/about-rainbow/careers/employment-application or email@example.com or call Jason at 952-252-0533.
January 28, 2020
Forestry Technician – Round Rock
SALARY: Hourly $15.21 – $17.74
OPENING DATE: 01/06/20
CLOSING DATE: 01/20/20 11:59 PM
Under direct supervision, the Forestry Technician provides professional tree care in City parks, right of way and other public properties. Work involves performing tree maintenance such as pruning, removals, planting, monitoring, staking, fertilization, and watering.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Performs street tree pruning by removing hazardous trees, storm cleanup and pruning of young and newly planted trees.
Plants trees by providing assistance and guidance to the public and volunteers during planting events; performs mulching, staking, and watering with water truck during new tree establishment.
Installs new irrigation and performs irrigation checks and repairs. Weeds and applies fertilizer and herbicide.
Performs vehicles and equipment maintenance bi-monthly.
Maintains all chainsaws and power pruners by cleaning and sharpening to keep them safe and operational.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
High school graduation or GED equivalent.
At least one (1) year of experience as a forestry technician or in a similar position.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License or ability to obtain prior to employment.
CDL License within three (3) months of employment.Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
January 6, 2020
Forestry Worker – City of Dallas
Forestry Worker (Public Works Urban Forestry) The Forestry Worker position in Public Works Urban Forestry will perform tree maintenance on median trees. This maintenance may include (but is not limited to): pruning, removal, planting and watering. Experience in the safe operation of chippers, chainsaws, aerial lifts and skid steers preferred but not required.
To apply visit City of Dallas job opportunities:email@example.com
December 16, 2019
Tree Climber – Houston
- Perform basic and advanced tree pruning techniques required to safely trim and remove trees near obstacles and in high-risk situations.
- Perform all general tree care; have general working knowledge and maintenance of the equipment used and requirements to complete work.
- Assist the ground crew with job site cleanup.
- Minimum 2 years experience.
- Clean driving record, CDL a plus.
- Only experienced applicants will be considered.
December 16, 2019
Groundsman – Houston
- Perform all required ground man, climbing, and aerial lift duties in support of specific job assignments
- Operate equipment, such as chain saws, brush chippers, stump grinders, skid steers, and other equipment and tools
- Fine pruning, structural pruning, and full removal
- Proper pruning techniques and overall quality standards
- Adhere to all safety rules and company safety policies
- Maintain clean and safe job site
- Follows directions from supervisor
- Reports for duty at the designated location on time each day
- Interacts with clientele in order to help ensure job satisfaction
November 13, 2019
Sales Arborist – Houston
Jones Road Tree Service. LLC. is seeking a Sales Arborist Established in 1997, Jones Road Tree service (JRTS) is a family owned, TCIA accredited company. At JRTS we are dedicated to restoring and maintaining diverse landscapes through excellence in arboriculture. JRTS sets high standards for tree care and helps clients maintain their part in the Urban Forest.
Applicant should have high personal standards for themselves and the company they work for. Applicant should be comfortable working with the JRTS team. A successful Sales Arborist has a strong work ethic and is a self-starter who enjoys interacting with the public and our employees. Training is provided to familiarize with sales, arboriculture, operational and procedures.
The primary objective for the Sales Arborist is to follow up on request for service, generate sales opportunities, and meet sales goals while creating positive customer interactions. Primary duties will include surveying residential and commercial properties, handling client proposal requests and performing site inspections to identify and determine necessary arboricultural recommendations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Applicant will have a variety of responsibilities and duties including, but not limited to: Embodying the vision of JRTS
- Accurately estimate time and cost for crews to carry out pruning, removal, cabling, Plant Health Care and IPM
- Develop and maintain long term relationships with clients, along with maintaining good trade relations with those in allied businesses.
- Maintain neat, clean, and professional appearance and image while customers’ sites
- Sell to existing clients, contact form leads, client referrals, cold calling generation, marketing campaigns and strategic partners and following up
- Clearly communicate with clients and their expectations to the Foreman
- Checking in with crews to maintain customer satisfaction
- Assist in handling complaints with clients according to company policy
- Attend sales meeting and training sessions set up by company management
- Achieve their established sales goals
Requisite Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Preferred 1 years of hands-on tree service experience, including knowledge of shade trees, ornamental trees and shrubs and plant health care (insects, diseases, plants etc.
- Ability to effectively price tree care recommendations and other services offered
- Proved track record and ability to attain required sales goals is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette
- Excellent organizational skills- ability to multi task and prioritize
- Ability to identify problems and work in conjunction with others to implement effective solutions
- Attentive to details, analytical skills, and basic computer and math skills
- Great listening skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a safety first mindset
- Must be reliable individual, self motivated with a can do, positive and upbeat attitude
- Computer literate: MS office suite programs and knowledge of CRM use
- Valid driver’s license and clear driving record
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug screen and background check.
- AA or BS Degree in urban forestry, Horticulture, Environmental science or related field and/or 2-3 years experience
- ISA Certified Arborist certification is a plus or ability to obtain certification within one year
- Bilingual is preferred
- Certification in 1st Aid/CPR
- Compensation is based on qualifications and experience.
- Paid time off earned after 90 days
- Professional office support
- Employee growth with shadow of the CEO/ Arborist
- Sales training, leadership training, ISA training, arboriculture training, plant health care training and TCIA events
- Year around work