April 18, 2019
Tree Climber – Fort Worth Area
We are seeking experienced tree climbers to perform pruning, removals, etc. to join our team. We are a family owned business serving Tarrant County and the surrounding area for 38 years.
Must have previous climbing experience removing and pruning trees using a rope and saddle. Must be dependable.
All equipment provided.
Apply in person @ 4206 Broadway Avenue, Haltom City TX 76117.
Call 817-222-9494 for more information.Contact email: email@example.com
March 29, 2019
Arbor Masters Tree & Landscape is currently recruiting engaging, energetic, and outgoing individuals for our Tree Division. We are a family owned tree and landscape company serving residential and commercial customers in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas for over 60 years! These positions require residential and commercial tree and shrub pruning and tree climbing; for drivers, a CDL license is a plus. Salary will be based on position and experience.
A skilled laborer whose duties are vital to safety, quality, and overall production. This position is directly supervised and trained by the Foreman in all areas of ground operations. There are three classifications (Groundsman I, Groundsman II, and Climber-In-Training) of this position, distinguished by skill and experience level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Groundsman I
Complete Basic Groundsman Training Course.
If driving, perform pre-trip vehicle inspections each morning and post-trip inspections each evening.
Ensure all tools, supplies and materials are stocked in the truck.
Responsible for basic cleanliness and maintenance of all tools.
Ensure that fuel and fluids are full on all vehicles, saws, and other power equipment Aid climber with appropriate tools and safety protocols.
Remove limbs and debris to disposal area (this includes raking, and basic yard cleanup) Operate hand equipment including but not limited to rakes and blowers. Ensure all tools are on the truck before leaving the job site.
Complete all duties in compliance with AMTL safety policies, ANSI Z133.1, and OSHA safety standards, as well as ANSI A300 Pruning standards.
Positions for the Tree Division include:
Arbor Masters offers top wages and excellent benefits that include:
401k Plan with company match
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00- $18.00 (based upon position and experience)
Job Type: Full-timeContact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
March 18, 2019
Urban Forester – Austin Independent School District
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
The AISD Urban Forester ensures that AISD trees stay healthy and safe, and that they are able to grow and thrive as valuable assets to our schools and community. The Urban Forester shall develop, monitor and/or perform activities related to the management of trees and tree related activities on all Austin ISD campuses under minimal supervisory direction. With thousands of acres of land, AISD has a rich and varied tree canopy that includes some of Austin’s most notable Heritage Trees.
Identify needs and opportunities in managing the AISD urban forest, including hazard tree mitigation, tree maintenance, planting, tree inventories and strategic planning.
- Provide and/or coordinate training of best management practices for tree care and worker safety for maintenance staff, construction management staff, school staff and other relevant AISD stakeholders.
- Update and maintain the tree database using ArborPro software.
- Provide guidance for development, implementation and future updates to the AISD Standard Operating Procedures for Tree Care. Adhere to protocols outlined in SOP for Tree Care.
- Assist in preparing specifications for tree care service contracts.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of the tree care services contractor to ensure long-term health of trees while prioritizing hazard mitigation. Determine and review job scope of work, site coordination with the school administration and expense tracking as well as ensure quality work is completed by the contractor.
- Coordinate and document the removal of hazardous trees and branches.
- Assist campuses with coordination of tree planting and landscape planning to ensure activities do not conflict with planned construction, utility lines, etc. and to ensure species selection is appropriate for the region and proposed location at the school.
- Assist with AISD construction projects to ensure compliance with the City of Austin Tree Ordinance and to facilitate tree permitting for removals, if needed. Includes on-site tree health assessments, design review, and as-needed guidance on construction projects.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of part time, grant-funded personnel and/or interns.
- Represent the district at tree-related community events.
- Identify funding opportunities and assist in the preparation of grant proposals.
- Conduct occasional tree appraisals to assess monetary value for district.
- Attend relevant trainings and conferences.
- Maintain positive and collaborative relationships and foster strategic partnerships with AISD departments, local organizations, community groups, City of Austin departments, etc.
March 18, 2019
Horticulturist Supervisor – City of Austin
The Horticulturist Supervisor position reports to the Parks Urban Forestry Program Manager and is responsible for providing oversight and leadership for the Parks tree maintenance program. This includes supervising 13 tree maintenance staff responsible for providing proactive and reactive maintenance for over 300,000 trees across 300 city maintained parks.
- Scheduling and dispatching maintenance crews daily.
- Ensuring staff maintain proficiency with equipment, current climbing techniques and follow ANSI A300 and Z133 industry standards.
- Monitor crew performance, provide coaching, correction and disciplinary action when necessary.
- Draft and administer performance reviews, develop and implement crew training.
- Ensure fleet vehicles are properly used, maintained, and inspected.
- Develop and monitor annual budget.
- Assist with refining and implementing 3-5 year strategic plan.
- Draft and implement annual operational work plans.
- Coordinate communication about planned work with internal and external partner groups.
- Provide support for training and volunteer events as well as educational programs.
- Recruit, hire and train new employees.
- Respond to emergency events as needed to coordinate crew response.
February 26, 2019
City Arborist – Austin
Posting Title City Arborist Job Requisition Number COA079687 Position Number 100758 Job Type Full-Time Division Name DSD-Community Tree Program Minimum Qualifications
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university with major course work in a field related to Environmental Science, Life Science, Biology, Landscape Architecture, Forestry, Urban Forestry, Arboriculture, plus five (5) years of experience in a field related to the job, including two (2) years of experience in a supervisory or lead capacity.
- Graduation with a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university may substitute for two (2) years of the required experience.
Licenses or Certifications:
Arborist Certification from the International Society of Arboriculture.
Pay Range Commensurate Hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Job duties will require periodic meetings, presentations, and other duties outside of regular working hours, including evenings, and/or weekends as required based on business needs. Job Close Date
03/17/2019 Type of Posting External Department Development Services Dept Regular/Temporary Regular Grant Funded or Pooled Position Not Applicable Category Professional Location One Texas Center, 505 Barton Springs Rd., Austin, TX 78704 Preferred Qualifications Preferred Qualifications are:
1. Three (3) years experience with systems thinking, business process improvements, and quality assurance/quality control implementation and monitoring.
2. Three (3) years experience in developing, defending, and implementing land development regulations.
3. Two (2) years experience managing municipal budgets.
4. Three (3) years experience with public speaking.
5. ISA Municipal Specialist credential
6. ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification
7. Society of Municipal Arborist Municipal Forestry Institute graduate
8. Ability to travel to more than one work location
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements City-wide urban forest regulatory policies, procedures, and programs.
- Provides policy, implementation guidance, and technical consultation to City departments.
- Monitors and facilitates City departmental compliance with the implementation of urban forest regulations and policies.
- Responsible for authoring code and rules on urban forest regulations, advising executive staff and elected officials that develop City public policy, and arbitrating disputes between staff and applicants regarding urban forest regulations.
- Serves as an expert resource on trees to City staff and elected officials, and testifies and negotiates on behalf of the City at the State legislature on urban forest matters.
- Negotiates complex and contentious urban forest preservation plans with the development community.
- Develops and implements comprehensive plans, strategies, and programs to conserve Austin’s tree canopy, and develops training for internal and external customers on urban forestry issues assisting in the promotion of arboriculture development and implementation within interagency and professional/non-profit organizations.
- Represents the City at Federal, State and Municipal agencies with proposed legislation on strategic urban forest issues and at requests from media, City Council, and boards and commissions.
- Manages funds to benefit the urban forest and program budget, and monitors expenditures and forecasting for staffing and resource needs.
Responsibilities– Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of and expertise in urban forestry management and/or land development regulations.
- Skill in effective oral and written communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with the public and other City employees.
- Skill in determining needs, and gathering, analyzing, and presenting data for management’s use.
- Skill in negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution.
- Ability to resolve complex problems or situations requiring the exercise of good judgment.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing, using computers and related software, data analysis and problem solving, and in planning and organizing.
February 26, 2019
City Forester – San Antonio
CITY OF SAN ANTONIO
invites applications for the position of:
SALARY: $25.76 – $43.80 Hourly
$53,587.30 – $91,098.54 Annually
Application Deadline: 03/26/19 11:59 PM
For more information regarding the position, visit the City of San Antonio’s employment website at the following link for a complete job description and to submit your application:
Grant Funded: No
Work Hours: 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday with seasonal schedule adjustments to include some evenings and weekends. Shifts are subject to change to accommodate evening coverage, rotating weekends and holiday shift work as dictated by business needs.
Under general direction, coordinates assigned urban forestry activities within the City of San Antonio with outside agencies and with the general public. Activities include developing and administering a policy in regard to public trees; supervising and coordinating urban forestry operations, activities and events; provides highly responsible and complex staff assistance to assigned senior management staff. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Coordinates with appropriate board(s) and committee(s) on all public tree and urban forestry issues.
• Coordinates with stakeholders to implement a long-range public tree management plan that will include inventory and planting.
• Establishes and maintains green layer/tree data on the City and other agency geographic information system(s) for their use especially as it relates to planning and monitoring.
• Maintains accurate records and files on all public tree maintenance, planting, and removals.
• Continuously monitors and evaluates the quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and effectiveness of the urban forestry programs, methods, and procedures; works with employees on the continuous improvement of programs.
• Provides appropriate educational information to other City and agency staff, and to citizens in both oral and written formats.
• Meets with supervisor on weekly basis for project and schedule updates.
• Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with preferable coursework in Forestry or a related field.
• Two (2) years of practical experience in urban forestry, including two (2) years in a supervisory capacity.
• This position requires a valid Class ‘C’ Texas Driver’s License or obtain a valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License within thirty (30) days after becoming a resident of the State of Texas.
• International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist highly desirable.
• Experience utilizing personal computer and software.
• Experience with Arc Map/GIS.
• Experience utilizing hand tools.
• Strong desire to work for the City of San Antonio Parks and Recreation.
• Department and serve the general public.
• Knowledge and understanding of Central Texas trees.
• Strong communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of operational characteristics, services and activities of an urban forestry program.
• Knowledge of arboriculture; tree growth and culture requirements.
• Knowledge of native trees and associated plants.
• Knowledge in pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
• Knowledge of effective management and supervisory practices.
• Skill in operating a personal computer, tree maintenance software and Arc Map/GIS.
• Ability to prepare and implement budgets.
• Ability to prepare and manage grants.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.Contact email: email@example.com
February 21, 2019
Certified Arborist / Sales Rep – Austin
Happy Tree Service of Austin is looking for a Certified Arborist / Sales Rep !!!
- A friendly and positive attitude, and absolute integrity.
- $45k-$75k per year based on sales performance
- A valid TX Driver’s License is required. This position requires driving to multiple customer locations daily.
- Must speak fluent English. Can communicate effectively to our customers regarding the condition of their trees and recommend appropriate services.
- Create estimates that are clear, concise, and easy to understand for our customers and our crews.
- Must present a professional appearance and attitude.
- Must be ISA Certified.
- Newly Certified is OK, you will be trained.
- Position is open immediately.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer we encourage you to apply!!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
Email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us at 512.212.0010 as for Edith.Contact email: email@example.com
February 21, 2019
URBAN FORESTER / ARBORIST – Irving, Texas
URBAN FORESTER / ARBORIST
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
CITY OF IRVING, TEXAS
This position is responsible for reviewing, planning and issuing permits and inspecting landscaping in the field, ensuring compliance with the City of Irving’s Landscaping and Tree Preservation Ordinance; working with landscape architects, developers and citizens to maximize the city’s urban forest; and working to maintain and preserve the appearance of city lands. Duties include verifying that all city landscaping and tree mitigation requirements are met; working with commercial property owners, developers and design professionals to identify existing tree species onsite and maximize preservation of the urban forest; retaining detailed records of all site visits, including periodic reporting to managers and/or department director; coordinating urban forestry activities with other divisions, outside agencies and organizations; monitoring and evaluating urban forestry programs, methods and procedures; supervising forestry and horticulture crews, daily work assignments, and training and managing personnel; providing information to citizens concerning urban forestry; providing community outreach and developing presentations for neighborhood associations, organizations and clubs; and assisting with tree-related contracts and vendor member agreements. A Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in urban forestry, landscaping architecture or related field; three years of professional experience in the field of arboriculture or landscape architecture; Arborist certification issued through the International Society of Arboriculture; and a valid Texas driver’s license are required. Current registration as a Landscape Architect in the State of Texas and Chemical Applicator licensure issued through the Texas Department of Agriculture are beneficial, but not required. A résumé must be submitted with application. Starting pay is $4,533 – $4,855 per month ($54,396 – $58,260 annually), dependent upon qualifications.
FULL PAY RANGE $4,533 – $6,389 PER MONTH ($54,396 – $76,668 ANNUALLY)
Application may be submitted online at cityofirving.org
Jobs close at 5:00 p.m. on the closing date posted on the City website.
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE HOURSContact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MONDAY – FRIDAY 8 AM – 5 PM
CIVIC CENTER COMPLEX 825 WEST IRVING BLVD
IRVING, TEXAS 75060
February 19, 2019
February 18, 2019
Climber/Crewleader – Austin
Full Canopy Tree Care, a north Austin based tree service, seeks to hire an experienced Climber/Crewleader.
Interested candidates should demonstrate the following minimum job skills/experience:
- Proficiency in rope and saddle climbing techniques, rigging techniques, tree felling techniques, and proper arboriculture pruning practices
- Experience towing equipment trailers and chippers
- Experience in the safe operation of chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts, and stump grinders
- Commitment to a safety-first company culture
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Preferred candidates will have:
- Experience managing and leading teams of climbers and groundcrew in the tree care industry
- Mechanical aptitude
- ISA Certifications such as: Certified Tree Worker or Certified Arborist
- CDL – Commercial Driver’s License
Full Canopy Tree Care is a family-owned business which has proudly served the Austin TX metro area since 2003. The hourly wage for this full time position is competitive and dependent upon experience, skills, and certifications. Full Canopy can provide opportunities for tree industry certifications and career advancement to team members who demonstrate aptitude.
Please call (512) 336-8733 to ask questions or schedule an initial phone interview, or send a resume listing skills, job experience, job history, and salary history by email to email@example.com.Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
January 24, 2019
TFS Conservation Education Coordinator – Statewide
Location: Texas A&M Forest Service, College Station, TX
Salary: $3,500.00 monthly plus benefits
Major duties: Provide training and resources to natural resource professionals, educators and staff. Speak at events with local, state, regional and national audiences. Develop and implement environmental educational programs. Organize and lead public events. Develop and maintain effective working partnerships. Develop and deliver educational curricula. Optimize marketing and media relations opportunities. Write, administer and implement grants.
Work experience: Two or more years developing and delivering natural resource/conservation education programs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in education with background in natural sciences or Bachelor’s degree in natural sciences with background in education. Project Learning Tree facilitator certification. Valid Texas Driver license.
Working Conditions: Office environment; ocassional travel with overnight stays may be required; occasional weekend and after-hour duty, field location program delivery and training.
Employment Status: Full-time position contingent upon a successful six (6) month probationary period.
Closing date: Open until filled.
Application Procedure: Interested persons may obtain more information at http://tfsweb.tamu.edu/jobs
Contact: Burl Carraway, Forest Resource Development, 979-458-6630Contact email: email@example.com