July 28, 2021
Environmental Review Specialist Sr. (Tree Review) – Austin
The Development Services Department (DSD) assists homeowners, business owners, and contractors when they build, demolish, remodel or perform any type of construction to ensure compliance with applicable city and building codes.
DSD is seeking an Environmental Review Specialist Sr. to join the Expedited Building Plan Review team. This position will perform residential tree review to ensure tree regulations and ordinances are being met. This includes performing completeness checks, performing site visits and attending review meetings.
Environmental Review Specialist Sr. (Tree Review)firstname.lastname@example.org
July 26, 2021
ISA Certified Arborist – California
Tetra Tech is hiring ISA Certified Arborist for work in the pacific northwest area, which is near the Lake County area in Northern CA. This project is estimated to start on Monday August 2nd, 2021.
Arborists are going out because we are starting preventive work in the state of CA. The Arborist will be there to help identify trees that may pose a hazard to electrical lines for potential fires.
The Project will involve the following:
● Walking through utility easements to identify and mark potentially hazardous trees with an ArcGIS tool. (This is a role that involves a lot of walking every day.)
● Work is 6 days a week with an estimated 10 hours a day (overtime eligible after 8 hours a day)
● Work is projected to last to December 2021 BUT (willing to accept someone who will commit AT LEAST a full 30 days)
● $30.00 an hour with overtime at $45 an hour after 8 hours each day.
● They will get a bonus each month of $5 per hour for every hour worked in the month if they work the whole month. (You get this in the beginning of the following month. EXTRA estimated a $1,200 a month bonus.)
● Based on the hourly rate and bonus, arborist can make up to $9,600 per month
● Tetra Tech will cover your airfare to the project as well as a rental car and reimbursement for fuel expenses.
● Per Diem is $140 per day if you pay for your own lodging or $37 per day for food if Tetra Tech pays for your lodging.
The Benefits of working with Tetra Tech:
● Working in a unique environment and tree species within the pacific northwest area in California.
● Hours and work may count towards your certifications or accreditations.
● Environmentally oriented work to help mitigate against environmental damage from wildfires.
● Opportunity to grow your Career with us long term.
● Must be ISA Certified ArboristContact email: email@example.com
● Must be able to pass a drug screen
● Have a valid driver’s license**
● Have good driving record
● In order to be considered for this position, your driving record must not indicate any of the following during the past 3 years:
● Punitive suspension, denial or revocation of driver’s license
● Conviction for impaired or intoxicated driving (DWAI, DUI, DWI)
● Conviction of: reckless driving, driving with a suspended/denied/revoked license, hit and run or leaving the scene
● Conviction of 3 or more moving violations, at fault accidents or a combination
● Link to apply:
● Edwin Rodriguez | Talent Acquisition- Recruiter
Direct 321-358-5044 |edwin.rodriguez1@Tetratech.com
Tetra Tech | Leading with Science® | Disaster Recovery
2301 Lucien Way, Suite 120 | Maitland, FL 32751 | Tetratech.com |
July 1, 2021
Certified Arborist – San Antonio
Tree Mann Solutions, LLC is looking for a part-time certified arborist to assist in tree inventories, risk assessments, construction site monitoring, report writing, tree preservation management, etc. Position has opportunity to grow into full-time position.
Preference for TRAQ candidates with Central and South TX tree identification proficiency and strong communication skills (personal and written). Tree Mann Solutions, LLC services the greater Austin and San Antonio markets and focuses on arboriculture consulting services primarily for commercial and residential development projects.
If you want to have flexible hours, interesting work, good pay, and like providing creative solutions to save good trees with new development, you’re a good fit!
Pay commensurate upon experience and qualifications with $25.00 per hour base wage for position.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgContact email:
June 29, 2021
Sales Arborist Trainee — San Antonio
Applications accepted until suitable candidate is selected.
The Davey Tree Expert Company, is pleased to offer a key opportunity as a Sales Arborist Trainee. The ideal candidate will have a passion for quality work with excellent organizational abilities and strong attention to detail. Must work well under pressure and be able to manage several priorities in a day; must be adaptable, creative and self-motivated.
Sells Arboricultural Services to residential and or commercial customers Involves creating and building relationships with existing and new clients Must be knowledgeable and experienced with tree care, hazard tree evaluation, integrated pest management and industry approved tree care practices Involves estimating time/cost for crews to perform tree removal, pruning, cabling, and all other tree care services Plant Identification is also an important job function As part of the territory management team, the Sales Rep. assists the District Mgr. in the direction of the operation Key priority is proposing and developing sales to existing clients and cultivation of new customers in the territory
Seeking arborist/horticulturist with preferably 3-5 years of sales experience in arboricultural services
Preferred: Two or Four-year degree in a green industry ISA Certification Regional plant and hort. knowledge Excellent sales and communication skills Good people skills; self-motivated; computer proficient and organized CDL & bi-lingual also highly valuable
Compensation based on qualifications and experience. Davey offers excellent benefits, the opportunity to buy Davey stock after 1 year, and industry related training and special Davey training courses.
Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and CLS are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Visit Davey Website: WWW.DAVEY.COM Job Opportunities & Company Profile Information
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.Contact email: Sue.email@example.com
June 4, 2021
Sales Arborist – Pearland
If you are looking to be part of a team that is growing and positively changing the Tree Care Industry while providing great career opportunities, we want to speak to you!
Monster Tree Service of Pearland, a franchisee, has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Sales Arborist. As a Sales Arborist you will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction, estimating job costs, and achieving budgeted sales goals for your territory. This is accomplished through constant communication and daily in-person appointments with customers and prospects.
- Build and implement a Territory Sales Plan for their Territory in conjunction with the Management.
- Diagnose and provide on-site estimates, review the scope of work with the customer.
- Actively pursue the customer commitment to scheduling the work.
- Review neighboring properties for work opportunities.
- Utilize sales process tools, software, and other technologies to streamline the process for the customer.
- Maintain communication with Management on estimates scheduled, completed and work that has been sold.
- Attend home shows and other opportunities to demonstrate Monster Tree Service capabilities.
- Maintain arborist certification through continuing education credits.
- Minimum 2 years of tree industry sales experience or 5 years of related industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in the green industry or related field preferred
- Prior field and supervisory experience preferred
- ISA Certified or willingness to obtain
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Commercial experience a plus
We offer competitive wages, commission, and discretionary performance-based bonus commensurate with experience, along with training, benefits, year-round employment, state of the art equipment, a positive and respectful work environment, the use of a company vehicle and more!
You are applying for work with a franchisee of Monster Tree Service, not Monster Franchising SPE, LLC or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who are solely responsible for their own employees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Srinivas “T.S.” Tottempudi
C: (832) 746-9698Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
June 2, 2021
Forestry Technician – City of Austin
City of Austin Parks Department – Forestry Technician Natural Resources Division
4 Full-Time positions available
Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus one (1) year of construction, maintenance, or landscaping experience, which included the use of power tools or motorized equipment.
One (1) year of additional relevant experience may substitute for one (1) year of the required education with a maximum substitution of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
Must obtain Texas class “B” driver’s license within three (3) months of employment.
Notes to Applicants:
The City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department (PARD) provides, protects and preserves a park system that promotes quality recreational, cultural and outdoor experiences for the Austin community. Working with the City of Austin provides a number of health and welfare benefits, such as medical, paid leave time, a great retirement plan, training opportunities and more! Click HERE for more information.
The Forestry Technician is responsible for performing proactive and reactive tree maintenance.
Planting/Watering: Duties may include and are not limited to tree watering daily through the summer months, and tree planting, pruning, mulching and inventory updates during the planting season.
Tree Maintenance: Duties may include and are not limited to, working aloft to prune and remove trees though the use of an aerial lift or secured tree climbing.
Technicians will operate a wide variety of hand tools, heavy equipment, operating water tank trucks as well as responding to tree-related emergencies on city owned parkland.
Technicians may provide support for public outreach and education events by working with volunteers, stakeholders, citizens and other various workgroups.
The decision on staff placement on the Forestry teams will be made by the hiring manager.
Application Instructions/Job Requirements:
Application: A detailed, complete application is required, and applicants must include on their Employment Record all experience (work and/or volunteer) related to this job posting – up to 10 years or more; this will be used to determine your base compensation. Employment Record dates must include month and year. Verification of employment history dates on resume should match online Employment Application. Statements such as “See Resume” will not be accepted and a resume alone will not be accepted in lieu of a complete online application.
Skills Assessments: Skills assessment(s) may be required as part of the recruitment process.
Virtual Interviews: PARD may conduct virtual interviews.
Driver Safety Standards:
This position requires candidate to possess a valid Texas class “B” commercial driver license or the ability to acquire within three (3) months of employment. External New Hires must meet the City of Austin’s Driver Record Evaluation (DRE) requisite. To be considered for a driving position, applicants cannot have more than three moving violations or a total of six Driver Record Evaluation points within a period of thirty-six (36) months. If you cannot meet these conditions, you may be deemed ineligible for this position.
Military/Veteran: An applicant claiming Military/Veteran status must provide a copy of his or her DD-214(s), or valid comparable document, at the time of interview.
Physical Requirements: Tasks may involve bending, lifting, walking, carrying, pushing, pulling or using a force equal to lifting up to one hundred (100) pounds. Work environment includes inside, and outside environmental conditions, extreme temperatures, and hazards associated with equipment operation including fumes, oils, gases and mists. Must be physically and mentally able to communicate, respond and work with participant’s needs and safety issues.
Posting Guidelines: PARD reserves the right to close posted positions prior to the advertised close date, based on recruitment strategies and business needs. This posting may be used to fill other vacancies in other divisions/work locations within the City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department. Decisions on assigned selection will be made at the time of hire based on the business needs of the department.
Travel: If you are selected for this position, and meet the Driver Safety Standards in the City of Austin Driver Safety Program, you may drive when necessary to multiple locations as part of your regular job duties. Otherwise, you are responsible for getting to and from these locations.
Tobacco and Vape-Free Workplace: PARD work site locations are tobacco-free. Use of tobacco products and/or e-cigarettes is not permitted on any PARD work site – including construction sites, parking lots, garages or in any personal vehicles located on the premises.
$15.55 – $18.56 per hour.
Monday-Friday, 6am – 2:30pm
Some weekends, evenings and holiday work will be required.
One week a month, employees will be on emergency on call status.
Job Close Date
Location Central Maint. Complex 2525 S Lakeshore Blvd, Austin, 78741
Direct work experience operating and maintaining heavy equipment used in the tree care industry.
Previous tree climbing experience.
Experience operating power tools such as chainsaws, for pruning limbs and/or removal of trees.
Current/Valid International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certification as a Certified Arborist/Tree Worker.
Current/Valid Texas Irrigation License.
Ability to travel to more than one work location.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
Prune trees for public safety, aesthetics, and tree health.
Plant and water trees throughout the City.
Operate power tools and/or heavy equipment, i.e., brush truck, water truck, winch truck, back hoe, bobcat, etc. to remove/maintain trees, stumps, branches, and debris.
Operate aquatic weed harvester to clear away weeds, shrubs, etc. from lakes.
Operate vehicles used in tree forestation and maintenance.
Inspect trees for disease or pests and treat accordingly.
Clean and maintain tools and equipment.
Operate two-way radio.
Answer citizen questions and provide assistance.
Knowledge skills and Abilities:email@example.com
Knowledge of applicable processes, techniques, and methods.
Knowledge of city practice, policy, and procedures.
Skill in handling conflict and uncertain situations.
Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
Skill in using computers and related software applications.
Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with city employees and the public.
Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
Criminal Background Investigation This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
June 2, 2021
Sales Team Associate – DFW
Tree & Plant Health Care Division: Sales Team Associate
Arbor Masters is currently seeking outgoing and driven individuals to grow our already awesome work family! We are specifically in search of a Sales Team Associate for our Tree and Plant Health Care Division/Selling Arborist.
Arbor Masters is a third-generation, family-owned business, specializing in all areas of tree service and plant care. We love our industry, our work family, and making sure our customers are satisfied by approaching our work with high-level standards for safety and excellence.
The primary function of a Selling Arborist is to create profitable sales for the company by focusing on building long term relationships with Arbor Masters clients and customers in our plant health care and tree divisions. Must be a Certified Arborist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop processes and systems with new prospects where relationships and long-term value can be achieved with Arbor Masters (AM.)
- Develop and implement relationships (consultative selling) that focus on knowing customer needs and wants, and then provide AM solutions that can satisfy those needs. Build trust with clients for referrals and repeat business.
- Develop and implement strategy to network in trade associations where existing and prospective clientele are present. Take leadership position within associations and make contributions.
- Determine pricing for projects using estimating programs and interface with operations personnel as needed to ensure profitable jobs.
- Actively stays up to date on the latest trends and innovations that can provide unique opportunities for AM that set the company apart from its competitors.
- Develop clear, creative, and accurate proposals that communicate scope of work and clear advantages of AM to increase win ratios.
- Responsible for selection of proper contracts and terms that protect AM and communicate the exact scope and desire of client and Company. Ensure that AM guidelines for payment and other terms are clearly delineated.
- Document conversation with Clients noting their goals and input.
- Ensure that work orders/Jobs-Visits are clear and reflect the conversation between Sales personnel and Client.
- Works with Marketing Manager to determine areas or segments, to target with sales efforts.
- Ensure that all paperwork and data entry including customer correspondence and proposals are current and accurate. Commits sufficient time weekly to review sales metrics and data that will assist in sales productivity.
- Ensures proper and positive project hand off to appropriate personnel including clear scope of work, client expectations, and unique characteristics.
- Participates in weekly/bi-weekly review of project costs on regular basis to better understand productivity rates for improved estimating purposes.
- Interfaces with client on consistent basis for issue and problem resolution as needed to ensure high regard by customer.
- Actively participates in department/zone teams by participating in meetings, leading as required, fulfilling team roles, mentoring and encouraging others.
- Collaborates with project managers as necessary for communication to client regarding change orders.
- Actively takes responsibility to collect all monies owed by clients by both follow up on projects and subsequent phone conversations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Work Experience
- Certified Arborist
- Minimum 2-3 years in horticulture
- Sales experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of arboriculture and plant health care. Including the knowledge of plant identification, proper planting and location specifications, and proper maintenance and care of plant material.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper installation, use, and maintenance guidelines for all AM products, per manufacturer recommendations and specifications.
- Knowledge and skill in relationship selling required.
- Knowledge and skill in proposal generation.
- Knowledge of consultative selling techniques; utilizing listening and relationship skills to improve
Our core purpose is to love people and pursue excellence in the tree care industry. If this resonates with you, please apply here!
Shawnee, 913-563-7505Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
May 28, 2021
Certified Arborist – Sales – Houston
Hiring ISA certified arborist to work at a family owned tree company in Houston.
Applicant should be able to estimate tree work including pruning, removals, and PHC.
Compensation is commission or base plus depending on skill sets. Our arborists earn between 40 K and 140 K annually depending on skill set and work ethic.
Must be service oriented and ethical. Health benefits are available. We have ample call volume and quality clients. We provide continuing education and on the job training to sharpen your diagnostic skills. Come join an energetic and fast growing company!Contact email: email@example.com
May 25, 2021
Forestry Technician – City of Round Rock
$15.21 – $17.74 Hourly
Round Rock, TX
6/8/2021 11:59 PM Central
Click here for more infomation: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/roundrock/jobs/3075048/forestry-technician?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobsContact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
May 18, 2021
Urban Forestry Coordinator – Texas Trees Foundation
The Texas Trees Foundation is currently seeking an Urban Forestry Coordinator to assist urban forestry initiatives.
Position Description: The Urban and Community Forester assists and supports urban forestry programs, projects, and education outreach to advance urban forestry in North Texas through the Texas Trees Foundation.
Reports to: Urban Forestry Manager
Classification: Full time permanent; non-exempt (hourly)
Salary Scale Equivalent: Salary is commensurate with experience
Organization: Texas Trees Foundation, a 501(c)(3), makes possible a higher quality of life for citizens, visitors and businesses through research, technology, and education to strategically protect, plant and care for trees and assure that all projects show a return on investment to support growth and livability. Far more than a tree planting organization, Texas Trees collaborates with urban planners, landscape architects, developers, corporations, and municipalities to improve the overall quality of life for the citizens who call Dallas and North Texas home.
· Coordinate and implement planting projects within prescribed time frame and funding parameters
· Manage and track all projects and creates final reports as needed
· Utilize technology and research to quantify the value of tree planting projects and projected benefits
· Coordinate and implement educational outreach efforts
· Give presentations on urban forestry, tree care, maintenance and tree protection and other related topics to advance urban forestry and the Texas Trees Foundation
· Write related articles for the Foundation Newsletter and post relevant information to Facebook and the Foundations website
· Assist with consulting projects such as i-Eco and tree inventories
· Prepare project bids and assist with proposals
· Implement annual tree give-away initiatives
· Seek opportunities for new projects, tree sales, and consulting
· Support the Texas Trees Foundation TXU Energy Urban Tree Farm as needed
· Coordinate and direct volunteer days at Tree Farm and identify, coordinate and manage additional volunteer opportunities for planting projects and related activities
· Represent Texas Trees Foundation at local, state and national conferences and meetings
· Works effectively and provides input in program and project design
· Maintain memberships in appropriate organizations
· Performs other related duties as assigned
Relationships and Roles:
· Demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
· Commitment to the mission of the Texas Trees Foundation
· Builds trust, values others, communicates effectively, drives execution, fosters innovation, focuses on the customer, collaborates with others, solves problems creatively, and demonstrates high integrity
· Maintains professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values
· Participates as a member of Texas Trees Foundation team by helping to develop organization-wide production plans, advising and receiving advice to/from other department managers, and providing leadership and technical assistance when and where needed elsewhere in the Foundation.
Qualifications/Skills Required: The successful candidate will possess:
· Bachelor’s degree in urban forestry or closely related field from an SAF accredited university and two to five years’ experience and/or training in urban forestry; experience may substitute for education
· Certified Arborist through the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), or the ability to become certified within 6 months of hire date
· Experience with ArcMap and GIS tree inventories and mapping a plus
· Experience with i-tree related software
· Experience with urban forestry, agricultural, or natural resources-related work
· Experience working with municipal forestry programs
· Ability to organize and implement tree-planting programs
· Excellent time management and organization skills with a high attention to details
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to encourage, motivate, and build effective teams, creating mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members and volunteers
· Good computer skills and the ability to develop and provide reports in Microsoft Office products.
· Experience with Earthscapes or other landscape design software a plus
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Presentation skills
· Ability and willingness to work flexible schedules, including weekends and other events as required
· Occasional overnight travel required
· Ability to safely lift objects in excess of 50 lbs
This is a full-time position, which provides competitive pay commensurate with experience; 50% health insurance coverage; vacation; and a supportive and engaging work environment with opportunities for professional development. May include some evenings and weekend work.
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/urban-forestry-coordinator-at-texas-trees-foundation-2554270239Contact email: Rachel@texastrees.org