January 6, 2020
Forestry Worker – City of Dallas
Forestry Worker (Public Works Urban Forestry) The Forestry Worker position in Public Works Urban Forestry will perform tree maintenance on median trees. This maintenance may include (but is not limited to): pruning, removal, planting and watering. Experience in the safe operation of chippers, chainsaws, aerial lifts and skid steers preferred but not required.
To apply visit City of Dallas job opportunities:email@example.com
December 16, 2019
Tree Climber – Houston
- Perform basic and advanced tree pruning techniques required to safely trim and remove trees near obstacles and in high-risk situations.
- Perform all general tree care; have general working knowledge and maintenance of the equipment used and requirements to complete work.
- Assist the ground crew with job site cleanup.
- Minimum 2 years experience.
- Clean driving record, CDL a plus.
- Only experienced applicants will be considered.
December 16, 2019
Groundsman – Houston
- Perform all required ground man, climbing, and aerial lift duties in support of specific job assignments
- Operate equipment, such as chain saws, brush chippers, stump grinders, skid steers, and other equipment and tools
- Fine pruning, structural pruning, and full removal
- Proper pruning techniques and overall quality standards
- Adhere to all safety rules and company safety policies
- Maintain clean and safe job site
- Follows directions from supervisor
- Reports for duty at the designated location on time each day
- Interacts with clientele in order to help ensure job satisfaction
November 13, 2019
Sales Arborist – Houston
Jones Road Tree Service. LLC. is seeking a Sales Arborist Established in 1997, Jones Road Tree service (JRTS) is a family owned, TCIA accredited company. At JRTS we are dedicated to restoring and maintaining diverse landscapes through excellence in arboriculture. JRTS sets high standards for tree care and helps clients maintain their part in the Urban Forest.
Applicant should have high personal standards for themselves and the company they work for. Applicant should be comfortable working with the JRTS team. A successful Sales Arborist has a strong work ethic and is a self-starter who enjoys interacting with the public and our employees. Training is provided to familiarize with sales, arboriculture, operational and procedures.
The primary objective for the Sales Arborist is to follow up on request for service, generate sales opportunities, and meet sales goals while creating positive customer interactions. Primary duties will include surveying residential and commercial properties, handling client proposal requests and performing site inspections to identify and determine necessary arboricultural recommendations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Applicant will have a variety of responsibilities and duties including, but not limited to: Embodying the vision of JRTS
- Accurately estimate time and cost for crews to carry out pruning, removal, cabling, Plant Health Care and IPM
- Develop and maintain long term relationships with clients, along with maintaining good trade relations with those in allied businesses.
- Maintain neat, clean, and professional appearance and image while customers’ sites
- Sell to existing clients, contact form leads, client referrals, cold calling generation, marketing campaigns and strategic partners and following up
- Clearly communicate with clients and their expectations to the Foreman
- Checking in with crews to maintain customer satisfaction
- Assist in handling complaints with clients according to company policy
- Attend sales meeting and training sessions set up by company management
- Achieve their established sales goals
Requisite Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Preferred 1 years of hands-on tree service experience, including knowledge of shade trees, ornamental trees and shrubs and plant health care (insects, diseases, plants etc.
- Ability to effectively price tree care recommendations and other services offered
- Proved track record and ability to attain required sales goals is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette
- Excellent organizational skills- ability to multi task and prioritize
- Ability to identify problems and work in conjunction with others to implement effective solutions
- Attentive to details, analytical skills, and basic computer and math skills
- Great listening skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a safety first mindset
- Must be reliable individual, self motivated with a can do, positive and upbeat attitude
- Computer literate: MS office suite programs and knowledge of CRM use
- Valid driver’s license and clear driving record
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug screen and background check.
- AA or BS Degree in urban forestry, Horticulture, Environmental science or related field and/or 2-3 years experience
- ISA Certified Arborist certification is a plus or ability to obtain certification within one year
- Bilingual is preferred
- Certification in 1st Aid/CPR
- Compensation is based on qualifications and experience.
- Paid time off earned after 90 days
- Professional office support
- Employee growth with shadow of the CEO/ Arborist
- Sales training, leadership training, ISA training, arboriculture training, plant health care training and TCIA events
- Year around work
November 13, 2019
Operations Coordinator – Houston
Excellent career opportunity for a positive go-getter who is organized and wants to grow as a manager. Some management experience is desirable but not required. However, management aptitude is essential.
Must be a problem-solver who is eager to learn and works well with others. Must have reliable transportation and good communication skills, both oral and written. You will be the right-hand person to the business owner and will coordinate the field operations for a residential and commercial outdoor services company based in NW Houston. Must be able to speak English and some Spanish.
• Must foster positive attitude, good people skills, good communication skills, good customer service skills to create an effective work environment between clients, crew, and office staff
• Experience in arboriculture, horticulture, or related field is preferred but not required
• Team leadership or management experience desired
• Self-motivated and able to work independently with excellent general computer skills
• Punctual, organized and an excellent problem solver
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
• Certified Arborist a plus but not required
Minimum of two years of experience in the green industry desired, but you will be mentored by the owner. You will spend some time in the office but most days will be in the field. Competitive salary with opportunity for growth.Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send resume to email@example.com
September 30, 2019
Arborist I – Rice University Houston
Arborist I, Rice University
The Arborist I, under the supervision of the Grounds Supervisor and/or Arborist II, will perform hands on corrective procedures and preventative maintenance to trees and shrubs on campus with the goal of promoting the health, safety and vigor of campus trees.Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Required: High school diploma/equivalent or additional related experience, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the education requirement; two years of experience in tree maintenance; valid Texas Driver’s License.
For more information and to apply, please visit http://jobs.rice.edu/postings/21230.
September 18, 2019
Regional Safety Supervisor – Wilmer, Texas
Due to growth, Nelson Tree Service, LLC is adding a multilingual, skilled Regional Safety Supervisor to support our utility line clearance & emergency storm response teams throughout Texas. This is a traveling, field position. Office in Wilmer, TX.
Fluent verbal and written communication skills in both Spanish and English -REQUIRED.
2 years of experience in a field safety role within tree care, utility, construction, or military.
Experience climbing and felling.
Experience operating heavy equipment.
College degree in EHS or related field.
Knowledge in OSHA regulations
Safety and Arborist certifications are preferred.
Basic computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite (including PowerPoint) Must be able to safely and legally drive an approved company vehicle Must have a valid driver’s license.
Must have or obtain CDL.
Must pass a pre-employment drug test, MVR check and background check as necessary Must be authorized to work for any employer in U.S.
For quickest response, read description and apply at https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/job/472201?source=TexasISA
Read more about us, our services, and our teams at nelsontree.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /yearContact email: email@example.com
August 22, 2019
Work Planner Arborist – Austin
Wright Tree Service
Work Planner Arborist
Austin, TX 78719
Wright Tree Service is currently seeking a Work Planner to start in the Austin, TX area on a full-time basis. Wright Tree Service provides vegetation management, storm restoration, and work planning services to utility companies and their communities across the country.
o Obtains oral or written permission/notification from property owner, municipal, business to trim, remove or apply herbicide to trees. Secures appropriate permits when necessary. Arranges with customer or property owner to obtain access and advises of any interruption if applicable. Explains work to be done and sets timelines.
o Responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of all records and reports related to permission/notification from customer/home owner to General Foreman and crew personnel.
o Plans and lays out work for crew members. Considers factors such as the ability to get power equipment to locations, time required to complete work, clean-up time, equipment available, weather conditions and special instructions by customers/homeowners.
o Has an understanding and follow all applicable work methods pertaining to line clearance work.
o Inspects right of ways to assess vegetation conditions and determine required maintenance.
o Responds to questions and concerns regarding work specifications and requirements.
o Inspects work completed by crew/contractors for compliance and utility specifications.
o Assists in the management of crew/contractors during storm restoration operations.
o Provides support and assistance on special projects as assigned by the utility.
o May work on rough terrain due to nature of responsibilities.
o Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
o Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in tree maintenance, forestry / arboriculture and/or has successfully completed applicable performance reviews. Education and Training may substitute for experience.
o Must be able to achieve ISA Certified Arborist within 1 year of employment.
o Texas Dept of Agriculture Commercial Pesticide Applicatory License (Category 5) preferred or ability to obtain within 6 months.
o Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
o Possess excellent leadership skills and be able to handle stressful situations along with being able to multi-task.
o Basic knowledge of trees, including identification, growth habits and correct arboricultural techniques for the trimming, pruning, repairing, maintaining and removing, as applies to working in close proximity to energized conductors.
o Knowledge and understanding of the American National Standards for Tree Care Operations (ANSI Z133.1-2000).
o Basic knowledge of electrical circuit and must be skilled in the reading and understanding of circuit maps.
o Ability to communicate professionally, both verbal and in writing, with the general public, customers, and fellow employees.
o Must be able to wear necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
o Ability to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times per day.
o Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work tasks such as rain, heat, sun, cold, snow.
o Ability to communicate with others and represent Wright Tree Service in a professional manner.
o Ability to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, weekends, storm work) and will be subject to call-out work.
o Must have valid driver’s license and be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
o Possess valid First-Aid and CPR card or be able to obtain one within 3 months of hire
More information and additional job postings can be viewed at www.wrighttree.comContact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
July 25, 2019
Forester – City of Austin
The Urban Forestry unit of the City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department is currently taking applications for a Forester.
The Forester position reports to the Parks Urban Forestry Horticulturist Supervisor and is responsible for providing leadership within the Parks tree maintenance program. This includes supervising up to 6 tree maintenance staff responsible for providing proactive and reactive maintenance for over 300,000 trees across 300 city-maintained parks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
– Scheduling and dispatching maintenance crews daily.
– Ensuring staff maintain proficiency with equipment, current climbing techniques and follow ANSI A300 and Z133 industry standards.
– Monitor crew performance, provide coaching, correction and disciplinary action when necessary.
– Draft and administer performance reviews, develop and implement crew training.
– Ensure fleet vehicles are properly used, maintained, and inspected.
– Coordinate communication about planned work with internal and external partner groups.
– Provide support for training and volunteer events as well as educational programs.
– Recruit, hire and train new employees.
– Respond to emergency events as needed to coordinate crew response.
All applications must be submitted via the City of Austin’s website. To apply, and to read the entire job description, click here:Kirsten.email@example.com
July 25, 2019
Plant Healthcare Technician – Austin
Minimum Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years experience in urban tree care
- ISA Certified Arborist
Additional Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
ISA Certifications and Qualifications are a plus, but not required
We will train tech on equipment, but previous experience with these tools of the trade are a plus:
- Stump grinder
- Spray rig used to deep-root feed and/or spray trees
- Airspade tool used for excavation
- Completing work orders in a safe, professional and timely manner
- Communicate with customer while on the job-site
- Communicate with Arborist & Office
- Maintain equipment
- Positive communication skills and attitude
General labor performed by PHC Tech:
- Tree planting
- Deep-root feeding
- Airspade services
- Stump grinding
- Mulching & tree protection installation
- Basic equipment and vehicle maintenance
- Based on experience and qualifications ($15-20/hour)
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Capital Tree CareContact email: firstname.lastname@example.org