June 7, 2019
Urban Forestry Project Manager – DFW
The Texas Trees Foundation is currently seeking an Urban Forestry Project Manager to direct and oversee our urban forestry initiatives.
Position Description: The Urban Forestry Project Manager is responsible for the coordination, implementation, and tracking of urban forestry related projects and the advancement of the Texas Trees Foundation mission in North Texas. This requires setting goals, establishing timelines and budgets, collaboration with partners, coordinating activities across teams, and tracking progress and results. The Urban Forestry Project Manager will lead and develop urban forestry consulting projects and oversee the successful completion of all Foundation tree planting projects. Primary focus area: North Texas.
This is a full-time position, which provides competitive pay commensurate with experience; 75% health insurance coverage; vacation; personal and sick time and a supportive and engaging work environment with opportunities for professional development. Flexible schedule averaging 40 hours per week.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and references to: Matt Grubisich, email@example.com by July 30, 2019.Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
May 31, 2019
Climber and Groundsmen – Denton
We are a local and established tree service company in Denton for over 15 years. We are looking to expand our team with quality, hardworking Climbers and Groundsmen. Please see the job description and requirements below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Teamwork and good moral values
Have 2 or more years experience in grounds work and climbing Be authorized to work in the United States.
Must be able to operate and maintain chainsaws Communicate proficiently Work hard and be ready to work in different outdoor conditions Must take direction well Able to operate a chipper truck, larger work trucks and heavy machinery a plus Must have a valid drivers license Back Ground check required
All resumes and inquiries must be sent to email@example.com before any phone calls are made. We look forward to hearing from you.Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
May 31, 2019
Forestry Technician – City of Austin
The Forestry Technician is responsible for performing proactive and reactive tree maintenance, as well as tree-related emergency response on city owned parkland. This includes operating a wide variety of hand tools and heavy equipment, often working aloft to prune and remove trees though the use of an aerial lift or secured tree climbing. Less frequently, this position will inspect trees for health and reporting findings to the Horticulturist Supervisor. Additionally, the Forestry Technician will provide support for public outreach and education events by working with stakeholders, citizens and other various workgroups. Please follow the link for more information.
Posted until 6/21/2019.Contact email: Amanda.Hancock@austintexas.gov
May 28, 2019
Arborist / Tree Worker position – San Antonio
Urban is hiring an Arborist / Tree Worker position for San Antonio, TX We are looking for someone to join our tree service. Qualifications or skills the applicant will need to learn: Tree identification, stump grinder operation, chainsaw operation, safety and maintenance, Chipper operation, Tree felling and removal, proper pruning techniques, rigging and climbing knowledge , aerial lift operation. ISA Arborist or Climber Certification a plus. Driver License Required. CDL Driver optimal. Spanish language a plus.
Pay dependent on qualifications and experience. This is a full time, year round job with benefits.Contact email: email@example.com
Please send a resume to Scott Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
May 13, 2019
Utility Work Planner – Austin, TX
• Must be able to achieve TX Dept of Agriculture Commercial Pesticide Applicator License within 6 months of employmentContact email: email@example.com
• Must be able to achieve ISA Certified Arborist & ISA Utility Specialist within 1 year of employment.
• Possess valid drivers license
• Possess excellent leadership skills and be able to handle stressful situations along with being able to multi-task.
• Basic knowledge of trees, including identification, growth habits and correct arboricultural techniques for the trimming, pruning, repairing, maintaining and removing, as applies to working in close proximity to energized conductors.
• Knowledge and understanding of the American National Standards for Tree Care Operations (ANSI Z133.1-2000).
• Basic knowledge of electrical circuit and must be skilled in the reading and understanding of circuit maps.
• Ability to communicate professionally, both verbal and in writing, with the general public, customers, and fellow employees.
• Must be able to wear necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
• Ability to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times per day.
• Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work tasks such as rain, heat, sun, cold, snow.
• Ability to write, read, and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
• Ability to communicate with others and represent Wright Tree Service in a professional manner.
• Ability to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, weekends, storm work) and will be subject to call-out work.
• Must have valid driver’s license and be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
• Possess valid First-Aid and CPR cards.
May 9, 2019
PUBLIC SERVICE TECHNICIAN – VEGETATION – League City
To apply online, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/leaguecity
PUBLIC SERVICE TECHNICIAN – VEGETATION
Operate light to heavy construction equipment. Routinely mows ditches, right of ways, trims trees, and clears vegetation.
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) At least one (1) year experience in equipment operation or in a related field required.
Required Licenses or Certifications
Texas Operator License: Class ”A” with Tanker Endorsement
Any combination of education, training, and experience, which provide the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities needed for this position, may be substituted or evaluated at the discretion of the City.Contact email:
May 7, 2019
Member Services Specialist – Texas Chapter ISA
As an independent contractor, the Member Services Specialist will assist in the planning and delivery of member, certification and volunteer services for the Texas Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture (ISAT).
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Member Services Specialist will work with the Executive Director to develop and implement operational plans for increasing the number, involvement, and retention of members, volunteers and certification and qualification holders. This position will also be a key liaison with members, certification holders, volunteers and relevant ISAT Committees.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Member, Certification and Volunteer Services
- Develop and implement operational plans for increasing the number, involvement, and retention of members, volunteers and certificants.
- Manage the day-to-day member, volunteer and certificant recruitment, deployment, recognition, and retention activities of the ISAT office.
- Respond to member, certificant and volunteer inquiries for information.
- Work with the Certification Chair to develop and coordinate regional Certified Arborist preparation courses and testing and assigning CEU’s to events.
- Assist the Publicity and Outreach Committee with coordinating member and volunteer services and social media.
- Assist with communication links to members such as the In the Shade newsletter, TreEmail and the web site.
- Provide regular reporting on progress to increase members, volunteers and certificants.
- Candidate must be a proven team player with at least 4 years hands-on experience organizational development and operations and marketing/sales.
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices in member satisfaction, certification programs, volunteerism and team development.
- Demonstrated understanding of concepts of nonprofit business organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of office management and accounting.
- Must be able to work as an independent contractor on a flexible schedule from a home office for 10-15 hours/week. The position is paid $1,290/month.
- Must be available off-hours as situations warrant. Must be able to travel occasionally to meet operational needs. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
All applicants must send a cover letter, resume and complete contact information for at least three references. Applications must be submitted by May 31, 2019 to John Giedraitis, ISAT Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, 2013 Oakwood Trail, College Station, Texas 77845. Email or call 979.324.1029 for more information.
April 26, 2019
Tree Climbers – Grand Prairie
Tree Climber’s Wanted!
Arbor Masters Tree & Landscape is currently looking for 2 tree climbers for our Tree Division. We are a family owned tree and landscape company serving residential and commercial customers in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas for over 60 years! CDL is a plus! Salary will be based on position and experience.
Arbor Masters offers top wages and excellent benefits that include:
401k Plan with company match
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00- $18.00 (based upon position and experience) Job Type: Full-timeContact email: email@example.com
April 24, 2019
Climbers – Fort Worth
We are looking to hire 2 or 3 experienced climbers in the Ft. Worth area. This is a full time hourly position, pay will depend on skill level and experience. We offer health insurance, paid vacation and 401K retirement plan. Our company is TCIA Accredited with ISA Certified Arborists on staff. Please call for an interview, 817-845-9650.Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
April 18, 2019
Tree Climber – Fort Worth Area
We are seeking experienced tree climbers to perform pruning, removals, etc. to join our team. We are a family owned business serving Tarrant County and the surrounding area for 38 years.
Must have previous climbing experience removing and pruning trees using a rope and saddle. Must be dependable.
All equipment provided.
Apply in person @ 4206 Broadway Avenue, Haltom City TX 76117.
Call 817-222-9494 for more information.Contact email: email@example.com