Sales Arborist – Houston
Jones Road Tree Service. LLC. is seeking a Sales Arborist Established in 1997, Jones Road Tree service (JRTS) is a family owned, TCIA accredited company. At JRTS we are dedicated to restoring and maintaining diverse landscapes through excellence in arboriculture. JRTS sets high standards for tree care and helps clients maintain their part in the Urban Forest.
Applicant should have high personal standards for themselves and the company they work for. Applicant should be comfortable working with the JRTS team. A successful Sales Arborist has a strong work ethic and is a self-starter who enjoys interacting with the public and our employees. Training is provided to familiarize with sales, arboriculture, operational and procedures.
The primary objective for the Sales Arborist is to follow up on request for service, generate sales opportunities, and meet sales goals while creating positive customer interactions. Primary duties will include surveying residential and commercial properties, handling client proposal requests and performing site inspections to identify and determine necessary arboricultural recommendations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Applicant will have a variety of responsibilities and duties including, but not limited to: Embodying the vision of JRTS
- Accurately estimate time and cost for crews to carry out pruning, removal, cabling, Plant Health Care and IPM
- Develop and maintain long term relationships with clients, along with maintaining good trade relations with those in allied businesses.
- Maintain neat, clean, and professional appearance and image while customers’ sites
- Sell to existing clients, contact form leads, client referrals, cold calling generation, marketing campaigns and strategic partners and following up
- Clearly communicate with clients and their expectations to the Foreman
- Checking in with crews to maintain customer satisfaction
- Assist in handling complaints with clients according to company policy
- Attend sales meeting and training sessions set up by company management
- Achieve their established sales goals
Requisite Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Preferred 1 years of hands-on tree service experience, including knowledge of shade trees, ornamental trees and shrubs and plant health care (insects, diseases, plants etc.
- Ability to effectively price tree care recommendations and other services offered
- Proved track record and ability to attain required sales goals is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette
- Excellent organizational skills- ability to multi task and prioritize
- Ability to identify problems and work in conjunction with others to implement effective solutions
- Attentive to details, analytical skills, and basic computer and math skills
- Great listening skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a safety first mindset
- Must be reliable individual, self motivated with a can do, positive and upbeat attitude
- Computer literate: MS office suite programs and knowledge of CRM use
- Valid driver’s license and clear driving record
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug screen and background check.
- AA or BS Degree in urban forestry, Horticulture, Environmental science or related field and/or 2-3 years experience
- ISA Certified Arborist certification is a plus or ability to obtain certification within one year
- Bilingual is preferred
- Certification in 1st Aid/CPR
- Compensation is based on qualifications and experience.
- Paid time off earned after 90 days
- Professional office support
- Employee growth with shadow of the CEO/ Arborist
- Sales training, leadership training, ISA training, arboriculture training, plant health care training and TCIA events
- Year around work
June 24, 2021
41st Texas Tree Conference, Academy, Trade Show and Tree Schools
February 17, 2021
Texas Sized Winter Storms Can Damage Trees
April 8, 2020
ISA Online learning Sale
October 8, 2019
2019 Texas Tree Conference – Thanks!
February 11, 2019
Cranes and Trees – A Workshop With Mark Chisholm
February 2, 2019
Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) Renewal – College Station
February 2, 2019
ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) – College Station, Texas
January 24, 2019
Bilingual Tree Worker Workshop – Taller Bilingue del Cuidado y Seguridad de Arboles
December 13, 2018
Tree-killing Insect Confirmed in Tarrant County
July 30, 2018
Emerald Ash Borer Texas Update