Texas Tree Showdown Contest
Welcome to the Texas Tree Showdown Contest!
And the winner is…
Bracket results after the final round of voting: (Click image to enlarge)
Winners of the Bracket Contest:
Daniel Priest, Austin – Perfect Bracket (picked the winners of all rounds of voting)
Ross Hosea, San Antonio – Final Four (picked the final four)
Texas Tree Showdown Voting:
- There are four rounds to get to Texas’ favorite tree.
- In Round One you will vote for your favorites out of 32 trees that are common in urban areas in Texas.
- The tree with the most votes in each category moves on to Round Two.
- Voting in Rounds Two, Three and Four will be conducted on Facebook and Twitter. (To participate you will need to go to the ISAT Facebook or Twitter page)
- The Showdown is slated to run from Cinco de Mayo (May 5th) to Memorial Day (May 25th). Round One starts on May 5th and ends on May 10th at midnight.
- Round Two starts on May 11th and ends on May 17th at midnight with head-to-head competition located on the ISAT Facebook/Twitter sites.
- Round Three will have the Final Four trees go head-to-head beginning May 18th and ending May 24th at midnight.
- Final voting for the top Texas Urban Tree will begin on May 25th and end on May 27th with the winning tree announced on May 28th.”
- (As a reminder, trees purchased in Texas on Memorial Day weekend are sales tax free)
The first contestant who submits a perfect bracket (successfully pick the winning tree in every slot) and is also a Texas ISA member (join here) can win a free 2020 Texas Tree Conference registration. Members who successfully pick the Final 4 trees you will win $45 off the 2020 Texas Tree Conference (that’s the annual cost of ISAT membership). Contest now closed.
How to Win:
Anyone is eligible to vote for their favorite Texas trees in the Texas Tree Showdown. But, if you want to be eligible to win a prize, you must be a Texas ISA member. Download the Texas Tree Showdown bracket (fillable PDF), fill it out, and submit it to Gene Gehring using this link before midnight May 10, 2020. Please include your name, member or certification number, and completed bracket in your submission. Only one entry per contestant. Upon completion of the contest on May 28th, if you believe you have a perfect bracket (most votes per tree) or have successfully picked the Final Four Trees, YOU MUST EMAIL GENE (GENE@ISATEXAS.COM) TO CONFIRM YOUR CORRECT SUBMISSION. He will confirm your bracket and send you information for your free registration or discounts for the 2020 Texas Tree Conference.
More Tree Information:
This year, the Texas Tree Showdown Committee selected 32 trees to compete from the list of trees in the online Texas Tree Planting Guide. You can find even more information on these and many other great Texas trees on the Texas Tree ID website.
Thanks for participating!
Brought to you by…