Urban Forestry Coordinator
Reports to: Urban Forestry Manager Classification: Full time permanent; exempt Salary Scale Equivalent: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Job Purpose: The Urban and Community Forester assists and supports urban forestry programs, projects and education outreach to advance urban forestry in North Texas through the Texas Trees Foundation.
- Coordinate and implement planting projects within prescribed time frame and funding parameters • Manage and track all projects and creates final reports as needed • Utilize technology and research to quantify the value of tree planting projects and projected benefits • Utilize the GIS based Dallas Roadmap to prioritize planting locations and projects in the City of Dallas • Coordinate and implement educational outreach efforts • Give presentations on urban forestry, tree care, maintenance and tree protection and other related topics to advance urban forestry and Texas Trees Foundation • Write related articles for the Foundation Newsletter and post relevant information to Facebook and the Foundations website • Assist with consulting projects such as i-Eco and tree inventories • Prepare project bids and assist with proposals • Implement annual tree give-away initiatives • Seek opportunities for new projects, tree sales, and consulting • Manage the Texas Trees Foundation TXU Energy Urban Tree Farm • Coordinate and direct volunteer days at Tree Farm and identify, coordinate and manage additional volunteer opportunities for planting projects and related activities • Represent Texas Trees Foundation at local, state and national conferences and meetings • Works effectively and provides input in program and project design • Maintains memberships in appropriate organizations • Performs other related duties as assigned
Relationships and Roles:
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Commitment to the mission of the Texas Trees Foundation.
- Builds trust, values others, communicates effectively, drives execution, fosters innovation, focuses on the customer, collaborates with others, solves problems creatively, and demonstrates high integrity.
- Maintains professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Participates as a member of Texas Trees Foundation Management Team by helping to develop organization-wide production plans, advising and receiving advice to/from other department managers, and providing leadership and technical assistance when and where needed elsewhere in the Foundation.
Qualifications/Skills Required: The successful candidate will poses:
- Bachelor’s degree in urban forestry or closely related field from an SAF accredited university and two to five years experience and/or training in urban forestry; experience may substitute for education • Certified Arborist through the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), or the ability to become certified within 6 months of hire date.
- Experience with ArcMap and GIS tree inventories and mapping a plus • Experience with itree related software • Experience with urban forestry, agricultural, or natural resources-related work • Experience working with municipal forestry programs • Ability to organize and implement tree-planting programs • Excellent time management and organization skills with a high attention to details • Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills • Ability to encourage, motivate, and build effective teams, creating mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members and volunteers • Good computer skills and the ability to develop and provide reports in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with Earthscapes or other landscape design software a plus • Excellent oral and written communication skills • Presentation skills • Ability and willingness to work flexible schedules, including weekends and other events as required • Occasional overnight travel required • Ability to safely lift objects in excess of 50 lbs
This is a full time position, which provides competitive pay commensurate with experience; 50% health insurance coverage; vacation; and a supportive and engaging work environment with opportunities for professional development. May include some evenings and weekend work.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and references to: Zach Wirtz, firstname.lastname@example.org
November 9, 2021
Texans celebrate 2021 Arbor Day in Weatherford, Texas – and beyond
June 24, 2021
41st Texas Tree Conference, Academy, Trade Show and Tree Schools
February 17, 2021
Texas Sized Winter Storms Can Damage Trees
April 8, 2020
ISA Online learning Sale
October 8, 2019
2019 Texas Tree Conference – Thanks!
February 11, 2019
Cranes and Trees – A Workshop With Mark Chisholm
February 2, 2019
Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) Renewal – College Station
February 2, 2019
ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) – College Station, Texas
January 24, 2019
Bilingual Tree Worker Workshop – Taller Bilingue del Cuidado y Seguridad de Arboles
December 13, 2018
Tree-killing Insect Confirmed in Tarrant County