Urban Forestry Coordinator – Texas Trees Foundation
The Texas Trees Foundation is currently seeking an Urban Forestry Coordinator to assist urban forestry initiatives.
Position Description: The Urban and Community Forester assists and supports urban forestry programs, projects, and education outreach to advance urban forestry in North Texas through the Texas Trees Foundation.
Reports to: Urban Forestry Manager
Classification: Full time permanent; non-exempt (hourly)
Salary Scale Equivalent: Salary is commensurate with experience
Organization: Texas Trees Foundation, a 501(c)(3), makes possible a higher quality of life for citizens, visitors and businesses through research, technology, and education to strategically protect, plant and care for trees and assure that all projects show a return on investment to support growth and livability. Far more than a tree planting organization, Texas Trees collaborates with urban planners, landscape architects, developers, corporations, and municipalities to improve the overall quality of life for the citizens who call Dallas and North Texas home.
· Coordinate and implement planting projects within prescribed time frame and funding parameters
· Manage and track all projects and creates final reports as needed
· Utilize technology and research to quantify the value of tree planting projects and projected benefits
· Coordinate and implement educational outreach efforts
· Give presentations on urban forestry, tree care, maintenance and tree protection and other related topics to advance urban forestry and the Texas Trees Foundation
· Write related articles for the Foundation Newsletter and post relevant information to Facebook and the Foundations website
· Assist with consulting projects such as i-Eco and tree inventories
· Prepare project bids and assist with proposals
· Implement annual tree give-away initiatives
· Seek opportunities for new projects, tree sales, and consulting
· Support the Texas Trees Foundation TXU Energy Urban Tree Farm as needed
· Coordinate and direct volunteer days at Tree Farm and identify, coordinate and manage additional volunteer opportunities for planting projects and related activities
· Represent Texas Trees Foundation at local, state and national conferences and meetings
· Works effectively and provides input in program and project design
· Maintain memberships in appropriate organizations
· Performs other related duties as assigned
Relationships and Roles:
· Demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
· Commitment to the mission of the Texas Trees Foundation
· Builds trust, values others, communicates effectively, drives execution, fosters innovation, focuses on the customer, collaborates with others, solves problems creatively, and demonstrates high integrity
· Maintains professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values
· Participates as a member of Texas Trees Foundation team by helping to develop organization-wide production plans, advising and receiving advice to/from other department managers, and providing leadership and technical assistance when and where needed elsewhere in the Foundation.
Qualifications/Skills Required: The successful candidate will possess:
· Bachelor’s degree in urban forestry or closely related field from an SAF accredited university and two to five years’ experience and/or training in urban forestry; experience may substitute for education
· Certified Arborist through the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), or the ability to become certified within 6 months of hire date
· Experience with ArcMap and GIS tree inventories and mapping a plus
· Experience with i-tree related software
· Experience with urban forestry, agricultural, or natural resources-related work
· Experience working with municipal forestry programs
· Ability to organize and implement tree-planting programs
· Excellent time management and organization skills with a high attention to details
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to encourage, motivate, and build effective teams, creating mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members and volunteers
· Good computer skills and the ability to develop and provide reports in Microsoft Office products.
· Experience with Earthscapes or other landscape design software a plus
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Presentation skills
· Ability and willingness to work flexible schedules, including weekends and other events as required
· Occasional overnight travel required
· Ability to safely lift objects in excess of 50 lbs
This is a full-time position, which provides competitive pay commensurate with experience; 50% health insurance coverage; vacation; and a supportive and engaging work environment with opportunities for professional development. May include some evenings and weekend work.
February 25, 2022
Time to Plant Trees in Texas
January 27, 2022
Treemergency: Mulch Volcanos are Erupting in Landscapes!
December 21, 2021
Cedar fever season in Texas
November 9, 2021
Texans celebrate 2021 Arbor Day in Weatherford, Texas – and beyond
June 24, 2021
41st Texas Tree Conference, Academy, Trade Show and Tree Schools
February 17, 2021
Texas Sized Winter Storms Can Damage Trees
April 8, 2020
ISA Online learning Sale
October 8, 2019
2019 Texas Tree Conference – Thanks!
February 11, 2019
Cranes and Trees – A Workshop With Mark Chisholm
February 2, 2019
Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) Renewal – College Station