Tree Division Manager – DFW
We have a valuable opportunity for the right candidate. We are looking for an experienced individual to help bring our tree pruning and removal services in house. Our ideal candidate will be motivated, well organized, capable of high levels of communication internally and externally. If this sounds like you please see below for additional job description, qualifications and benefits Prestonwood Landscape is a full service commercial Landscape company serving clients in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. We are highly focused on providing clients with unmatched customer service backed by a finished product that exceeds our clients expectations. We thrive on making our clients jobs easier by delivering a proactive management style. Prestonwood provides a fun yet productive work environment with the belief it’s important to have a good balance between work and personal time. We put a big emphasis on training and educating our employee’s which benefits both the individual and company.
- Establish mission, goals and direction of tree division
- Perform and manage tree pruning/removal operations
- Estimate, propose and sell tree pruning and removals
- Hire, discipline, train, coach tree trimming crews
- Ensure safe operations are always performed by tree trimming crews
- Basic management and budgetary tasks will be required
- Communicate property issues to appropriate people
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Must have at least 3-5 years field experience in safe pruning and removal of trees
- Must have at least 3-5 years of experience safely climbing, rigging and working from bucket trucks
- Demonstrate ability to hire, train, coach and lead tree trimming crew
- Ability to identify hazards and prevent damage to persons or property during tree trimming operations
- Must have demonstrated ability to estimate, propose and sell tree pruning and removal services
- Have and maintain professional image
- Drivers license required. DMV check performed prior to employment
- Drug test given prior to employment
- Preferred degree in forestry, horticulture or business or other relevant discipline. Work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- ISA Certified arborist or ability to become certified within 6 months of hire
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work outside of typical hours in case of emergency tree operations
- Company vehicle
- Computer, phone and iPad provided
- Health/Dental insurance offered.
- 401K match up to 4% of income.
- Paid vacation
- 6 paid holidays annually
- Salary range starting at $70,000 based on experience
- Commission available
February 25, 2022
Time to Plant Trees in Texas
January 27, 2022
Treemergency: Mulch Volcanos are Erupting in Landscapes!
December 21, 2021
Cedar fever season in Texas
November 9, 2021
Texans celebrate 2021 Arbor Day in Weatherford, Texas – and beyond
June 24, 2021
41st Texas Tree Conference, Academy, Trade Show and Tree Schools
February 17, 2021
Texas Sized Winter Storms Can Damage Trees
April 8, 2020
ISA Online learning Sale
October 8, 2019
2019 Texas Tree Conference – Thanks!
February 11, 2019
Cranes and Trees – A Workshop With Mark Chisholm
February 2, 2019
Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) Renewal – College Station