Program Manager II (Urban Forestry Program Manager) – Austin
The Urban Forestry Program Manager II supports the City of Austin Public Works Department in the Office of the City Engineer Division. This position is responsible for the Public Works Urban Forestry Program. The purpose of the program is to provide maintenance of trees and vegetation in the public Right-of-Way. This position is responsible for a full range of supervisory duties including conducting evaluations.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Forestry or Natural Resource Management.
- Current International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist.
- Four years of experience or more in a leadership capacity in a municipal forestry program.
- Four years of experience or more developing and implementing urban forest management plans.
- Four years of experience or more supervising employees in a forestry or construction environment.
- Two years of experience or more with tree inventory asset management software.
- Two years of experience or more developing and overseeing contracts.
July 28, 2022
Another benefit of Texas trees: Cooler temperatures
February 25, 2022
Time to Plant Trees in Texas
January 27, 2022
Treemergency: Mulch Volcanos are Erupting in Landscapes!
December 21, 2021
Cedar fever season in Texas
November 9, 2021
Texans celebrate 2021 Arbor Day in Weatherford, Texas – and beyond
June 24, 2021
41st Texas Tree Conference, Academy, Trade Show and Tree Schools
February 17, 2021
Texas Sized Winter Storms Can Damage Trees
April 8, 2020
ISA Online learning Sale
October 8, 2019
2019 Texas Tree Conference – Thanks!
February 11, 2019
Cranes and Trees – A Workshop With Mark Chisholm