Parks Field Supervisor – Waco
Parks Field Supervisor CDL |Parks & Recreation – Parks | REQ 1272-1 Job Family: MANAGEMENT SUPERVISORY Posting Start Date: 12/07/2020 | Closing Date: Open Until Filled MINIMUM HOURLY RATE: $17.63
Hours: Monday – Friday 7:00 to 3:30 May be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays and over-time.
PRIMARY DUTY: Under basic supervision, supervises work crews cleaning and maintaining City parks, grounds and equipment; prioritizes and assigns work and verifies the quality of work completed.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervises and leads staff in maintaining and cleaning City parks and facilities; works independently and makes appropriate decisions based on work experience; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Assigns work, assures appropriate tools, equipment and materials are at the job site; monitors work site to assure that safety rules and regulations are followed and that the work zone and all equipment are in safe operating condition; reviews the work of assigned staff to assure the work quality and timely accomplishment of assigned duties and responsibilities; supervises setup for special events.
• Supervises a variety of administrative activities including records management, employee scheduling, payroll reporting and work activity reports; purchases supplies, maintains inventories and assures that adequate materials, supplies and tools are available.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Ability to troubleshoot and maintain irrigation system.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Driving is essential.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• City policies and procedures.
• Methods, materials and equipment used in the maintenance of municipal parks.
• Occupational hazards and safety precautions, including proper use and storage of chemicals and OSHA Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for hazardous chemicals used in the workplace.
• Geography, roads and landmarks of City and surrounding areas.
• Enforcing City procedures and safe work practices.
• Prioritizing and assigning work and supervising work crews.
• Working independently to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
• Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
Associate’s Degree in Landscape Management, Earth Sciences, or a related field is required; AND five years’ experience in landscaping/grounds maintenance; OR an equivalent combination of education and
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
• Must possess a valid Texas Commercial Driver’s License.
• According to the needs of the City, specific training and certifications may be required.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‘at-will’ relationship.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The City of Waco provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office at (254) 750-5740
February 1, 2023
Are your trees damaged by the ice storm?
July 28, 2022
Another benefit of Texas trees: Cooler temperatures
February 25, 2022
Time to Plant Trees in Texas
January 27, 2022
Treemergency: Mulch Volcanos are Erupting in Landscapes!
December 21, 2021
Cedar fever season in Texas
November 9, 2021
Texans celebrate 2021 Arbor Day in Weatherford, Texas – and beyond
June 24, 2021
41st Texas Tree Conference, Academy, Trade Show and Tree Schools
February 17, 2021
Texas Sized Winter Storms Can Damage Trees
April 8, 2020
ISA Online learning Sale
October 8, 2019
2019 Texas Tree Conference – Thanks!