Member Services Specialist – Texas Chapter ISA
As an independent contractor, the Member Services Specialist will assist in the planning and delivery of member, certification and volunteer services for the Texas Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture (ISAT).
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Member Services Specialist will work with the Executive Director to develop and implement operational plans for increasing the number, involvement, and retention of members, volunteers and certification and qualification holders. This position will also be a key liaison with members, certification holders, volunteers and relevant ISAT Committees.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Member, Certification and Volunteer Services
- Develop and implement operational plans for increasing the number, involvement, and retention of members, volunteers and certificants.
- Manage the day-to-day member, volunteer and certificant recruitment, deployment, recognition, and retention activities of the ISAT office.
- Respond to member, certificant and volunteer inquiries for information.
- Work with the Certification Chair to develop and coordinate regional Certified Arborist preparation courses and testing and assigning CEU’s to events.
- Assist the Publicity and Outreach Committee with coordinating member and volunteer services and social media.
- Assist with communication links to members such as the In the Shade newsletter, TreEmail and the web site.
- Provide regular reporting on progress to increase members, volunteers and certificants.
- Candidate must be a proven team player with at least 4 years hands-on experience organizational development and operations and marketing/sales.
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices in member satisfaction, certification programs, volunteerism and team development.
- Demonstrated understanding of concepts of nonprofit business organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of office management and accounting.
- Must be able to work as an independent contractor on a flexible schedule from a home office for 10-15 hours/week. The position is paid $1,290/month.
- Must be available off-hours as situations warrant. Must be able to travel occasionally to meet operational needs. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
All applicants must send a cover letter, resume and complete contact information for at least three references. Applications must be submitted by May 31, 2019 to John Giedraitis, ISAT Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, 2013 Oakwood Trail, College Station, Texas 77845. Email or call 979.324.1029 for more information.
November 9, 2021
Texans celebrate 2021 Arbor Day in Weatherford, Texas – and beyond
June 24, 2021
41st Texas Tree Conference, Academy, Trade Show and Tree Schools
February 17, 2021
Texas Sized Winter Storms Can Damage Trees
April 8, 2020
ISA Online learning Sale
October 8, 2019
2019 Texas Tree Conference – Thanks!
February 11, 2019
Cranes and Trees – A Workshop With Mark Chisholm
February 2, 2019
Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) Renewal – College Station
February 2, 2019
ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) – College Station, Texas
January 24, 2019
Bilingual Tree Worker Workshop – Taller Bilingue del Cuidado y Seguridad de Arboles
December 13, 2018
Tree-killing Insect Confirmed in Tarrant County