Forester City – Georgetown, Texas
This position is responsible for the case management, technical review/analysis, inspection and presentations pertaining to landscape plans and tree preservation plans for all development applications submitted to the City of Georgetown.
- Reviews, manages, processes, and inspects all landscape plans and tree preservation plans for compliance with the Unified Development Code.
- Interprets application of codes and ordinance to specific projects and responds to development inquiries.
- Conducts a detailed review of development applications for compliance with all codes, past actions and approvals.
- Coordinates communications with applicants and City and County departments for review, comment, and records management to ensure records are complete.
- Performs necessary site inspection visits to insure compliance before, during, and after construction to ensure all land development regulations pertaining to landscaping and tree preservation have been met.
- Prepares reports and makes presentations to the Boards, Commissions and City Council.
- Assists with special projects related to land development regulations.
- Conducts field work and site inspections
- Attends pre application and pre construction meetings.
- Attends regularly scheduled evening Commission, Subcommittee and Board meetings and special call meetings.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture or closely related field. Two years of full-time work experience in municipal planning, horticulture, or landscape design. OR Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Heather Brewer McFarling
City of Georgetown
February 25, 2022
Time to Plant Trees in Texas
January 27, 2022
Treemergency: Mulch Volcanos are Erupting in Landscapes!
December 21, 2021
Cedar fever season in Texas
November 9, 2021
Texans celebrate 2021 Arbor Day in Weatherford, Texas – and beyond
June 24, 2021
41st Texas Tree Conference, Academy, Trade Show and Tree Schools
February 17, 2021
Texas Sized Winter Storms Can Damage Trees
April 8, 2020
ISA Online learning Sale
October 8, 2019
2019 Texas Tree Conference – Thanks!
February 11, 2019
Cranes and Trees – A Workshop With Mark Chisholm
February 2, 2019
Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) Renewal – College Station