Horticulturist Supervisor – City of Austin
The Horticulturist Supervisor position reports to the Parks Urban Forestry Program Manager and is responsible for providing oversight and leadership for the Parks tree maintenance program. This includes supervising 13 tree maintenance staff responsible for providing proactive and reactive maintenance for over 300,000 trees across 300 city maintained parks.
- Scheduling and dispatching maintenance crews daily.
- Ensuring staff maintain proficiency with equipment, current climbing techniques and follow ANSI A300 and Z133 industry standards.
- Monitor crew performance, provide coaching, correction and disciplinary action when necessary.
- Draft and administer performance reviews, develop and implement crew training.
- Ensure fleet vehicles are properly used, maintained, and inspected.
- Develop and monitor annual budget.
- Assist with refining and implementing 3-5 year strategic plan.
- Draft and implement annual operational work plans.
- Coordinate communication about planned work with internal and external partner groups.
- Provide support for training and volunteer events as well as educational programs.
- Recruit, hire and train new employees.
- Respond to emergency events as needed to coordinate crew response.
June 24, 2021
41st Texas Tree Conference, Academy, Trade Show and Tree Schools
February 17, 2021
Texas Sized Winter Storms Can Damage Trees
April 8, 2020
ISA Online learning Sale
October 8, 2019
2019 Texas Tree Conference – Thanks!
February 11, 2019
Cranes and Trees – A Workshop With Mark Chisholm
February 2, 2019
Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) Renewal – College Station
February 2, 2019
ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) – College Station, Texas
January 24, 2019
Bilingual Tree Worker Workshop – Taller Bilingue del Cuidado y Seguridad de Arboles
December 13, 2018
Tree-killing Insect Confirmed in Tarrant County
July 30, 2018
Emerald Ash Borer Texas Update