Horticulturist Supervisor – City of Austin
The Horticulturist Supervisor position reports to the Parks Urban Forestry Program Manager and is responsible for providing oversight and leadership for the Parks tree maintenance program. This includes supervising 13 tree maintenance staff responsible for providing proactive and reactive maintenance for over 300,000 trees across 300 city maintained parks.
- Scheduling and dispatching maintenance crews daily.
- Ensuring staff maintain proficiency with equipment, current climbing techniques and follow ANSI A300 and Z133 industry standards.
- Monitor crew performance, provide coaching, correction and disciplinary action when necessary.
- Draft and administer performance reviews, develop and implement crew training.
- Ensure fleet vehicles are properly used, maintained, and inspected.
- Develop and monitor annual budget.
- Assist with refining and implementing 3-5 year strategic plan.
- Draft and implement annual operational work plans.
- Coordinate communication about planned work with internal and external partner groups.
- Provide support for training and volunteer events as well as educational programs.
- Recruit, hire and train new employees.
- Respond to emergency events as needed to coordinate crew response.
February 1, 2023
Are your trees damaged by the ice storm?
July 28, 2022
Another benefit of Texas trees: Cooler temperatures
February 25, 2022
Time to Plant Trees in Texas
January 27, 2022
Treemergency: Mulch Volcanos are Erupting in Landscapes!
December 21, 2021
Cedar fever season in Texas
November 9, 2021
Texans celebrate 2021 Arbor Day in Weatherford, Texas – and beyond
June 24, 2021
41st Texas Tree Conference, Academy, Trade Show and Tree Schools
February 17, 2021
Texas Sized Winter Storms Can Damage Trees
April 8, 2020
ISA Online learning Sale
October 8, 2019
2019 Texas Tree Conference – Thanks!