Forestry Technician Senior – City of Austin
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Prune trees for public safety, aesthetics, and tree health.
- Plant and water trees throughout the City.
- Operate power tools and/or heavy equipment, i.e., brush truck, water truck, winch truck, back hoe, bobcat, etc. to remove/maintain trees, stumps, branches, and debris.
- Operate aquatic weed harvester to clear away weeds, shrubs, etc. from lakes.
- Operate vehicles used in tree forestation and maintenance.
- Inspect trees for disease or pests and treat accordingly.
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment.
- Operate two-way radio.
- Answer citizen questions and provide assistance.
Responsibilities– Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- Provides leadership, guidance, and technical support to others.
More information here: https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/65104
November 9, 2021
Texans celebrate 2021 Arbor Day in Weatherford, Texas – and beyond
June 24, 2021
41st Texas Tree Conference, Academy, Trade Show and Tree Schools
February 17, 2021
Texas Sized Winter Storms Can Damage Trees
April 8, 2020
ISA Online learning Sale
October 8, 2019
2019 Texas Tree Conference – Thanks!
February 11, 2019
Cranes and Trees – A Workshop With Mark Chisholm
February 2, 2019
Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) Renewal – College Station
February 2, 2019
ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) – College Station, Texas
January 24, 2019
Bilingual Tree Worker Workshop – Taller Bilingue del Cuidado y Seguridad de Arboles
December 13, 2018
Tree-killing Insect Confirmed in Tarrant County