Environmental Inspection Specialist Senior – City of Austin
The City of Austin – Development Services Department is seeking an Environmental Inspection Specialist Senior to conduct both environmental and tree inspection enforcement on construction sites. This position is expected to be in the field nearly 100% of the work day and does not have an assigned office space.
– Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a field related to Environmental Science, Life Science, or Natural Science, plus six (6) years of experience in a related field.
– Graduation with a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a field related to Environmental Science, Life Science, or Natural Science may substitute for experience up to two (2) years.
– Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Certified Erosion, Sediment, & Stormwater Inspector (CESSWI), Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control(CISEC), or Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC).
– International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist.
– Knowledge and experience inspecting temporary Best Management Practices (BMP) at construction sites.
– Ability to travel to more than one work location.
For more information and to apply: https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/90815
February 1, 2023
Are your trees damaged by the ice storm?
July 28, 2022
Another benefit of Texas trees: Cooler temperatures
February 25, 2022
Time to Plant Trees in Texas
January 27, 2022
Treemergency: Mulch Volcanos are Erupting in Landscapes!
December 21, 2021
Cedar fever season in Texas
November 9, 2021
Texans celebrate 2021 Arbor Day in Weatherford, Texas – and beyond
June 24, 2021
41st Texas Tree Conference, Academy, Trade Show and Tree Schools
February 17, 2021
Texas Sized Winter Storms Can Damage Trees
April 8, 2020
ISA Online learning Sale
October 8, 2019
2019 Texas Tree Conference – Thanks!