CLIMBER / TREE SURGEON – FORT WORTH/WEATHERFORD
We’re a small tree business in Fort Worth looking to add another climber/tree surgeon to our crew. We’re Blue Ox Urban Forestry, a 2016 American Small Business Champion located in Fort Worth, Texas. With an emphasis on tree health, preservation, and education, we strive to educate property owners on the proper way to care for trees in North Texas. We’re looking to add an experienced Climber/Tree Surgeon to our business and will soon be launching another crew for commercial work.
We’re looking for:
– At least 3 years experience as a tree service climber
– Extensive rigging and pruning experience
– Knowledge of various knots
– Willingness to work with a young company that is growing. Careful growth and investment are very important to us so you won’t be riding around in a tree truck just yet. This doesn’t mean you’ll be hand-chipping wood and we’ll be making equipment investments this year, but you should be flexible and comfortable with this fact.
– An interest in tree biology is critical. Most of our crew are working towards relevant ISA certifications or participating in Master Naturalist/Forestry programs, which we pay for. If you care about trees, you’ll fit right in.
– The willingness to be trained on the Blue Ox methodology of pruning. We’re very specific about our pruning methods and what we will/will not do and it’s clearly resounding in the market. If you’re open to being trained on our approach, you’ll love working here.
Now, to the good stuff. The perks:
– We offer generous pay, starting at $18/hr for a probationary period. One of our goals is to ensure our employees make a professional living doing this highly skilled work. You aren’t just labor.
– We pay for your education. Whether it’s Certified Arborist or Tree Worker, we’ll pay for you to get trained on anything you’d like to achieve. In fact, it’s a requirement that you educate yourself and obtain some certification within your first year.
– We do not 1099 our employees. You will be placed on payroll, having all of your taxes taken out for you. We also pay Texas Unemployment insurance on your behalf.
– We carry a Worker’s Comp policy. This is rare for a business of our size but it’s important to us to ensure that you are covered should you encounter an injury on site.
– We’re launching a bonus program to encourage safety, productivity, and overall job satisfaction.
– We like to have fun. Whether it’s treating your family to a day out or having an amazing team dinner, we’re generous with our profit and want to make sure you feel like valued employees of our business.
If we sound like a good fit for you, please get in touch!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
Tree Service Climber: 3 years
High school or equivalent
June 24, 2021
41st Texas Tree Conference, Academy, Trade Show and Tree Schools
February 17, 2021
Texas Sized Winter Storms Can Damage Trees
April 8, 2020
ISA Online learning Sale
October 8, 2019
2019 Texas Tree Conference – Thanks!
February 11, 2019
Cranes and Trees – A Workshop With Mark Chisholm
February 2, 2019
Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) Renewal – College Station
February 2, 2019
ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) – College Station, Texas
January 24, 2019
Bilingual Tree Worker Workshop – Taller Bilingue del Cuidado y Seguridad de Arboles
December 13, 2018
Tree-killing Insect Confirmed in Tarrant County
July 30, 2018
Emerald Ash Borer Texas Update