Arborist I/II – City of Fort Worth
Parks and Recreation
Pay Range: $13.76 – $18.53/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Tuesday, October 5, 2021
Must apply at https://www.fortworthtexas.gov/job-board
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
An Arborist I/II job with the City of Fort Worth Park & Recreation Department-Forestry Section. The selected candidate will be responsible for working on a small team to perform tree pruning and removal work from public spaces around the city including parks and street rights-of-way. Our employees serve the needs of over 900,000 City residents and manage a park system that consists of 290 parks with a combined size of over 12,000 acres. The City also has one of the most respected municipal forestry programs in the state and is recognized as the oldest Tree City USA in Texas. These attributes, combined with a system of neighborhood and community parks, contribute to meeting the City’s diverse parks, recreation and open space needs.
Arborist I Minimum Qualifications:
- Less than a high school diploma/GED and no prior experience
- Valid Driver’s License
The Arborist II job responsibilities include:
- All Arborist I responsibilities
- Properly remove large trees, limbs and stumps in a safe and efficient manner
- Proper use and ability to operate large and/or specialized equipment common to tree care
- Plan, prioritize, organize and employ efficient time management skills
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision while performing tree maintenance and care
- Assume leadership position within small group of employees, if assigned
Arborist II Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma/GED
- One (1) year of responsible experience in tree maintenance, tree climbing, field construction, or other operational activities related to forestry
- Valid Class B (CDL-B) Driver’s License at time of hire
- ISA certifications
- Prior experience and working knowledge of climbing trees with rope and saddle
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.
February 25, 2022
Time to Plant Trees in Texas
January 27, 2022
Treemergency: Mulch Volcanos are Erupting in Landscapes!
December 21, 2021
Cedar fever season in Texas
November 9, 2021
Texans celebrate 2021 Arbor Day in Weatherford, Texas – and beyond
June 24, 2021
41st Texas Tree Conference, Academy, Trade Show and Tree Schools
February 17, 2021
Texas Sized Winter Storms Can Damage Trees
April 8, 2020
ISA Online learning Sale
October 8, 2019
2019 Texas Tree Conference – Thanks!
February 11, 2019
Cranes and Trees – A Workshop With Mark Chisholm
February 2, 2019
Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) Renewal – College Station