Plant Health Care Workshop
Novices will learn about PHC concepts and methods, while managers can compare and evaluate their company’s PHC program against the latest industry recommendations. Arborjet will present the best practices of tree injection with indoor and outdoor presentations, as well as demo their tree injectable products.
PHC services are based on combining the principles of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) with proactive tree care management. Topics covered are:
• PHC basics and beyond – A review of tree biology and plant physiology
• Key insect management – Includes key insect pest case studies
• Monitoring for success – Reasons and how to monitor, including the use of degree day calculations and phenological indicators
• Improving diagnostic skills – Identification of signs and symptoms and the process of linking indicators to specific pest groups
• Pesticide application guidelines – Includes major classes of insecticides, their modes of action, reduced risk insecticides, and new EPA labeling guidelines to protect beneficial insects
• Plant health amendments and biorational pest controls
• Become your customer’s expert
CEUs: 6.5 ISA CEUs, 3.25 Bp, 3.25 Bs and Pesticide Applicator CEUs available for the State of Texas.
Photo Release: By virtue of your attendance, you agree to the use of your likeness in TCIA’s promotional materials.
This workshop is made possible by Arborjet.