January 24, 2019
TFS Conservation Education Coordinator – Statewide
Location: Texas A&M Forest Service, College Station, TX
Salary: $3,500.00 monthly plus benefits
Major duties: Provide training and resources to natural resource professionals, educators and staff. Speak at events with local, state, regional and national audiences. Develop and implement environmental educational programs. Organize and lead public events. Develop and maintain effective working partnerships. Develop and deliver educational curricula. Optimize marketing and media relations opportunities. Write, administer and implement grants.
Work experience: Two or more years developing and delivering natural resource/conservation education programs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in education with background in natural sciences or Bachelor’s degree in natural sciences with background in education. Project Learning Tree facilitator certification. Valid Texas Driver license.
Working Conditions: Office environment; ocassional travel with overnight stays may be required; occasional weekend and after-hour duty, field location program delivery and training.
Employment Status: Full-time position contingent upon a successful six (6) month probationary period.
Closing date: Open until filled.
Application Procedure: Interested persons may obtain more information at http://tfsweb.tamu.edu/jobs
Contact: Burl Carraway, Forest Resource Development, 979-458-6630Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
January 23, 2019
Experienced Tree Climber and Groundsmen – Denton
Experienced Tree Climber and Groundsmen– Denton We are a well-established and fast-growing company located in the heart of Denton, TX. We are looking for motivated, hardworking, honest and reliable people to grow with us. Our company works with both residential and commercial properties involving tree services such as pruning, removal and stump grinding.
ONLY EXPERIENCED CLIMBER’S AND GROUNDSMEN NEED APPLY Ideal candidate will possess the following:
* At least one year experience working on a tree crew.
* Performs all required ground, climbing, and aerial lift duties and proper pruning techniques set forth
by the crew leader and/or supervisor.
* Able to perform proper application of approved knots.
* Able to perform proper rigging techniques.
* Capable of working safely and following safety standards set forth by the company
* Valid Drivers License required
* Must have reliable transportation to and from work
* CDL is a BONUS but not required
* Strong communication skills and a good work ethic are a must
* Pay is competitive and based on experience
* Relocation assistance available, health insurance available after 60 days
* Please call us at 940-595-3335 or email at email@example.comContact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
January 21, 2019
Tree Climber – Porter, Texas
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prune, Trim and uplift tree canopies along streets, walkways/trails and parks.
- Perform tree removals both live and dead, some dangerous.
- Must be able to work from the ground and from a climbing position.
- Use Chainsaws, hand pruners, polesaws and chipper.
- Drive a large truck and chipper with crew from site to site.
COMPETENCIES, VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
- Knowledgeable of safe felling techniques
- Experienced in advanced climbing techniques and climbing equipment
- Able to tie basic rope knots and rig for tree limb removal.
- Must be knowledgeable in worksite safety, electrical hazards, hazard recognition, use of proper PPE.
- Be able to identify tree species and determine health of trees
- Must be able to read and follow a work schedule and work orders.
- Dependable and Punctual attendance is required.
- Responsible attitude to maintain LHLC standards for safety, work quality, customer service, and respect for team members.
- Handle equipment and tools with care and take steps to prevent loss/damage due to theft, vandalism or accident.
- Tolerate a wide range of outdoor temperatures, climates and conditions.
- Must be in excellent physical condition for the demanding nature of this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- ISA Certified Tree Worker Climber Specialist or other certifications highly desired
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus!
- MUST possess valid Texas Drivers License with clean record or be able to obtain one prior to start date
Commensurate with experience
January 21, 2019
Consulting Utility Arborist – Austin
Consulting Utility Arborist
Posted: January 18, 2019
Austin, TX, USA
ACRT is currently seeking experienced candidates who enjoy working outdoors. Our target is to identify candidates to work on utility systems as vegetation management arborists. Our field positions are ideal for professional minded individuals with an educational background in forestry, natural resource, horticulture, arboriculture, environmental studies, or related disciplines and with exposure in these fields or line of work. The position is great for learning the utility industry and working to develop the necessary skills for a successful career. This position would require a significant amount of customer interaction, educating and working with utility consumers, working with line clearance contractors and utility personnel. Our Foresters perform identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines; Submit inspection results to clients with recommendations; Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of assigned tree clearance crews; Discuss and negotiate line-clearance crew access issues; Serve as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client customers.
Required to be at least 21 years of age
ISA certification required
2 or 4 year degree in Forestry, Horticulture, Natural Resources or related fields highly preferred ISA certification required Knowledge of utility line clearance concepts Familiarity with tree growth rates and habits Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new software Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to resolve customer conflict Strong oral and written communication skills Ability to work independently and in a team environment Ability to multitask; strong time management and organizational skills Excellent attention to detail Ability to work in inclement weather Ability to read and follow maps Self-starter/organized/productive Must be flexible in times of need, including extended week nights and weekends Valid Driver License Pre-employment drug screen and background check required Additional Information
ACRT offers competitive wages and excellent benefits Employees become owners and receive company stock after 1 yr Company Vehicle/gas card for work related and commuting purposes ACRT is 100% employee-owned; it’s not just a job…it’s YOUR Company!
ACRT offers excellent benefits for our employee-owners and their families
Contact: Name: David G. Leary
Phone: (409) 338-3323Contact email: email@example.com
January 18, 2019
Forester City – Georgetown, Texas
This position is responsible for the case management, technical review/analysis, inspection and presentations pertaining to landscape plans and tree preservation plans for all development applications submitted to the City of Georgetown.
- Reviews, manages, processes, and inspects all landscape plans and tree preservation plans for compliance with the Unified Development Code.
- Interprets application of codes and ordinance to specific projects and responds to development inquiries.
- Conducts a detailed review of development applications for compliance with all codes, past actions and approvals.
- Coordinates communications with applicants and City and County departments for review, comment, and records management to ensure records are complete.
- Performs necessary site inspection visits to insure compliance before, during, and after construction to ensure all land development regulations pertaining to landscaping and tree preservation have been met.
- Prepares reports and makes presentations to the Boards, Commissions and City Council.
- Assists with special projects related to land development regulations.
- Conducts field work and site inspections
- Attends pre application and pre construction meetings.
- Attends regularly scheduled evening Commission, Subcommittee and Board meetings and special call meetings.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture or closely related field. Two years of full-time work experience in municipal planning, horticulture, or landscape design. OR Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Heather Brewer McFarling
City of GeorgetownContact email: 512-930-8494
January 8, 2019
Forester – Harris County
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Parks Department
Location: Mercer Botanic Gardens
22306 Aldine Westfield Rd
Humble, TX 77338
Prepared By: Laura Carlton, Arborist
Operates and maintains heavy equipment necessary for tree care and other vegetation management. Monitors and cares for propagations at various park locations from nursery greenhouses to trails. This includes primarily planting nut, fruit and historical Texas trees for use on park property or programs. Part of growing these collections will entail driving long distances with overnight stays to gather seed. This position requires a self-motivated individual with a “can do attitude,” willing to work mostly outdoors in all weather conditions, not afraid to get their hands dirty, and capable of conducting a variety of tasks during a normal day. Must manage and coordinate daily work assignments in conjunction with supervisor. Employee may lead volunteers working on a project. Polite communication skills and willingness to interact with the public are essential traits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures work equipment is safely operated and services maintenance needs with proper care. Assures good operating conditions exist at all times and equipment is prepared for each day.
• Work equipment includes utility vehicles, excavator, chipper, dump truck, chainsaw, chains, sharpeners, tiller, and weed trimmers.
• Tree and other vegetation maintenance includes planting, pruning, staking, fertilizing, removal, and inventory.
• Propagates and cares for trees, plants, and other crops in the nursery/greenhouse and trail areas. Particularly edible natives and historically significant specimen.
• Must be able to drive long distances with overnight stays to collect historical Texas tree seeds following proper procedures.
• Maintains nursery and greenhouse areas. Monitors and services irrigation needs, organizes materials in tool sheds, repairs and builds structures. Checks and secures gated areas.
• Help execute special events and festivals held throughout the year as needed. May present or host various natural/living history programs.
• Work directly with, and at times oversee crews, interns, and a variety of volunteers in assigned duties, projects, and programs.
• Work varying shifts including weekends and evenings.
• Reports and alerts any hazards and incidents at all times. Enforces park rules and regulations.
• Completes monthly reports.
• Arrives to work on time. Corresponds with supervisor within thirty minutes to an hour upon contact.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A four-year B.S. degree in forestry, forest management or related curriculum; or a B.S. degree in science, nature or history related curriculum and a minimum of one year of forestry experience; or a combination of a two-year associates degree and a minimum of two years related experience; or four years minimum experience in a similar position or field of work.
• General knowledge of outdoor activities and skills
• General knowledge of Texas history
• Good knowledge of local natural history, flora, and fauna
• Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and GIS Mapping
• Nature interpretation experience
• Operation of a variety of forestry and landscape equipment
• Patient and experienced working with children and the public
Ability to read and interpret documents such as science-related articles, and procedure manuals, operating and maintenance instructions; write routine reports; correspondence and informational articles for publication; maintain records; speak effectively before public groups of visitors, both formally and informally.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently
• Ability to work with others and team oriented
• Analyze, generate, research and refine programs
• First aid training a plus
• Flexible personality, open to new ideas, and suggestions
• Good observation skills
• Initiative and perseverance to complete projects
• Organizational skills
• Team leadership abilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle, feel and reach with hands and arms; frequently required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell; regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is periodically exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; vibration; night-time shifts; and routine use of a computer monitor. The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
Harris County Precinct 4 strives to maintain a drug and alcohol free environment in the workplace. All new employees are required to pass a drug and alcohol-screening test and may be subject to random testing as a condition of continued employment.
Requires a post-offer criminal history background check.
NECESSARY SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS
Must possess and maintain a valid Texas driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
A Pesticide Applicator’s License (in Lawn & Ornamental and Weed control) as issued through the Texas Structural Pest Control Board is required to perform this job; continued employment is contingent upon obtaining referenced licenses.
HOURS: 40 Hours per Week / Flexible
Schedule includes one to two weekends per month
SALARY: Commensurate with experienceContact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Based on 26 pay periods
December 18, 2018
Utility Workplanner – Austin
various locations in Texas
Asplundh is a family-owned and operated corporation headquartered near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with over 35,000 service professionals throughout the U.S., Canada, New Zealand and Australia. Since 1928, Asplundh has been dedicated to safe, efficient and innovative line clearance services to the utility industry. With this goal in mind, each person on our team is challenged to consistently exceed the expectations of the customers for whom we work and the people they serve.
For more information: http://asplundh.ourcareerpages.comContact email: email@example.com
December 13, 2018
Community Tree Preservation Division Manager – Austin
This position requires working in a deadline-focused environment, balancing multiple projects and addressing changing priorities, while providing leadership and guidance to a diverse team. Highly qualified candidates will possess the required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience, as well as be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed. At a minimum, qualified candidates will possess the following specific knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Undergraduate degree in forestry, planning, or related field.
A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in urban forestry management as an employee of a local, state, or federal governmental agency.
Proof of arborist certification from the International Society of Arboriculture.
A minimum of five (5) years of experience leading a team of professional staff to achieve success, with responsibilities including establishing mission, vision, performance goals and criteria, and developing and managing budgets.
Significant experience in developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating the adequacy of regulations related to tree protection and preservation as part of the land development permitting process.
Significant experience in developing policies and planning initiatives related to the protection, preservation, promotion, and enhancement of an urban forest.
Ability to exercise good judgment, tact and diplomacy in all dealings with internal and external stakeholders and maintain confidentiality as required.
Significant experience in preparing and making presentations to City Council, executive management, citizens, boards and commissions, and other stakeholders.
Have, or demonstrate the ability obtain prior to hire date, a Class C Texas Driver License.
To find more information and to apply, please go to: https://www.austincityjobs.org/hr/postings/71636Contact email:
December 3, 2018
Tree Climber – Houston
Jones Road Tree Service
The purpose of this position is to execute the work order’s provided by the Foreman in the fastest and safest way possible
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude; good problem-solver
- Comfortable with multi-tasking but able to focus without being easily distracted
- Perform all required ground man, climbing, and aerial lift duties in support of specific job assignments
- Operate equipment, such as chain saws, brush chippers, stump grinders, skid steers, and other equipment and tools
- Fine pruning, structural pruning, and full removal
- Proper pruning techniques and overall quality standards
- Adhere to all safety rules and company safety policies
- Maintain clean and safe job site
- Follows directions from supervisor
- Reports for duty at the designated location on time each day
- Interacts with clientele in order to help ensure job satisfaction
- Accuracy with data and details
- Overall management of information
- Organization and efficient
Employees gets hands on practical training. the education at Jones Road Tree Service is more than that, it is part of every interaction between co-workers, supervisors and trainers.
firstname.lastname@example.orgContact email: email@example.com
December 3, 2018
Tree Care Crew Leader – DFW
Tree Care Crew Leader
JOB TITLE: Crew Leader
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
DIRECT REPORTS: Climber, Ground Person, team members
HOURS: This is a non-exempt hourly position. The ordinary workweek is 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday; this position may be required to respond on weekends and after normal work hours in emergency situations.
MUST HAVE VALID TEXAS DRIVER’S LICENSE
Visit https://preservationtree.com/careers/application to fill out and send an employment application or send your resume, position you are seeking and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to our Dallas office:
Preservation Tree Services
2222 Empire Central Dr.
Dallas TX 75235Contact email: email@example.com