April 21, 2017
Tree Climbers – Austin
~BENCHMARK LANDSCAPES IN AUSTIN~
We are hiring experienced tree climbers:
$30,160 or higher a year depending on experience.
-2+ years of experience required
-Knowledge of hazard identification and safety standards -Knowledge of proper climbing, rigging, removal and pruning techniques -Ability to work well with others and be self-accountable for safety standards
-Bilingual highly advantageous
-Aerial Rescue trained a plus
-Driver’s License a plus
-ISA Certified Arborist a plus
We offer health insurance and paid vacations after 1 year of employment.
Please contact Itziar Loizaga for more information at 512-266-3167 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgContact email: email@example.com
April 18, 2017
Arborists – Dallas
Tree Surgeons LLC is hiring ISA Certified Arborists for both part- and full-time positions beginning immediately. We provide a full range of tree services and have been operating in the DFW area for over a decade. All of our employees have been with us for a long time and are passionate about their roles within the company. We take pride in a having a positive work environment that allows people to enjoy their lives in and outside of their job.
The position consists of selling and managing tree care jobs, consulting with customers in person and by telephone and email, and tree evaluations. We are looking for someone who has great personal skills, enjoys working outside, is organized, has an interest in trees and learning, and is adaptable.
Must be ISA Certified or eligible for certification.
Compensation includes salary and sales commission and health insurance is offered for full-time firstname.lastname@example.org
April 5, 2017
Horticulturist Supervisor – City of Austin
City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department
The City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department is hiring for a Horticulturist Supervisor who will be responsible for overseeing the tree planting and watering activities in the Urban Forestry Program. Strong supervision and communication skills are a must. For more information or to apply:Lara.Schuman@austintexas.gov
March 1, 2017
Arborist – Lubbock
Looking for an Arborist to join our team!
Arborlogical Inc. has been serving the Texas Panhandle since 2000. Our company has ISA Certified Arborists, A Board Certified Master Arborist, and is TCIA Accredited. We have the best equipment, both tree care and PHC, available anywhere!
New Lubbock branch needs motivated, skilled, and high character individuals. Sales experience, Climbing experience, PHC tech experience, CDL, and Certified Arborist a plus.
Great company culture! Excellent healthcare, 401k, and bonus system. Salary negotiable based on experience. Relocation bonus available.
$12-$25 hourly, or annual salaryContact email: email@example.com
February 16, 2017
Tree Manager – Dallas
Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a Tree Manager. The Tree Manager (TM) schedules and directs personnel and resources towards providing quality, cost-effective tree services to clients. TMs also support the Account Manager(s) in estimating, design and client meetings as needed. TMs will also sell tree services to clients, with or without base maintenance contracts, on their own.
The Tree Manager will oversee a book of work totaling at least $750,000.00 annually and oversee 2-6 service teams. The Tree Manager will be responsible for training and developing these individuals and providing day-to-day operational scheduling and guidance.
What you’ll do:
- Understand client needs via regular communication with the Account Manager(s).
- Ensure that job site safety, quality and appearance meet client and Brickman-ValleyCrest standards.
- Manage all tree services, including the coordination of all materials, people, equipment and subcontractors required to produce quality work.
- Inspect properties prior to scheduled service in order to properly prepare specific action plan for service. Adjust schedule as needed and follow up.
- Ensure work is executed with proper techniques.
- After installation, monitor all aspects of the landscape and identify insect or disease problems.
- As necessary, perform hands-on work with crews to meet work and scheduling demands.
- Implement and enforce Brickman-ValleyCrest policies and procedures related to proper upkeep and maintenance, storage, use, and training required for branch equipment.
- Work with the Branch Manager to identify staffing needs.
- Hire new crew as needed.
o Ensure proper paperwork is completed for all personnel changes and hires.
o Communicate with, counsel, train, discipline, review, and develop growth plan for employees.
- Prepare daily crew schedules and goals to be accomplished.
- Emphasize quality and efficiency of operations.
- Hands-on training and support of crew personnel, including proper operation of equipment, pruning techniques, safety, and quality standards.
- Minimize accidents to personnel and equipment.
- Monitor safety record of crews.
- Keep emergency contact information up to date and available.
- Maintain and manage all required administrative systems, including time sheets, service schedules, and executed vs. budgeted performance.
- Coordinate with Branch Administrator to ensure tree job databases are consistently updated with current job information.
- Order materials as needed and monitor costs and deliveries.
- Request purchase orders and use in accordance with company guidelines.
- Assist the Branch Manager in the performance of tree sales tasks, as required, including but not limited to:
o Ensure tree goals for the branch are properly budgeted.
o Work with the Branch Manager to ensure those goals are met or exceeded.
o Help Account Managers understand and accurately estimate jobs.
o Review tree job performance with branch team.
o Estimate and sell tree jobs inside and outside of base maintenance contracts.
Skills we’re seeking
- 2 or 4 year degree in a business related field or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior customer service, management, and leadership experience within an organization, the landscaping industry or local marketplace.
- TX Certified Arborist preferred or International Society of Arboriculture certification preferred.
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/2c63pz5ksw
January 20, 2017
Experienced Tree Climber/Arborist/Crew Leader – Tyler, Texas
Experienced Tree Climber/Arborist/Crew Leader. We service a 120+ mile radius from our hub located between Tyler and Longview. Come work in beautiful East Texas where we have the tallest trees.
3 years experience climbing and working in trees.
Good driving record.
Experience hauling heavy loads.
Must obtain ISA Certified Tree Worker Climber Specialist and/or ISA Certified Arborist Certifications. (Within one year of hire)
Must be a leader that can set the pace of the day and help create a safe/positive/happy work environment for the rest of the crew.
Must have a genuine interest in proper tree stewardship and continuing education.
January 2, 2017
Experienced Climber/Tree Trimmer – Arlington Texas
Arlington Tree Pros is looking for an experienced climber and tree trimmer. We are expanding quickly and always hiring. We require at least 2-3 years experience in tree trimming/climbing. Must have a valid driver’s license. Please visit our website www.arlingtontreepros.com for more information about our company. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.Contact email: email@example.com
January 2, 2017
Manager II (Forestry/Horticulture/Park Ranger)
City of Dallas
City of Dallas Open Position
Manager II (Forestry/Horticulture/Park Ranger)
$53,614.00 – $79,189.00 Annually $25.78 – $38.07 Hourly $2,062.08 – $3,045.73 Biweekly $53,614.00 – $79,189.00 Annually
South Dallas, TX South Dallas, TX
Mobility & Street Services
1/14/2017 11:59 PM Central
The salary listed on this job posting is the starting salary range; amount offered will depend upon qualifications.
For information related to Essential Functions, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required to Perform Work, and Working Conditions & Hazards of this position, click here. Locate and click on the position title to view the job classification specification.
For evaluation purposes, acceptable qualifying experience for all positions must have been in a paid capacity unless noted otherwise in the minimum qualifications for the posted position.
Additionally, 30+ hours per week will be counted as full-time employment and will receive full credit for the amount of time employed. A minimum of 15 through 29 work hours per week will be counted as part-time employment and will receive half credit for the amount of time employed.
Vacancies currently available in the following department(s): Mobility and Street Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, forestry, landscape architecture, recreation or business field.
- Four (4) years of experience managing forestry/horticulture operations, landscaping projects or park/facility safety programs.
- Two (2) years of experience in a supervisory/ management capacity. (This experience may be included in the required experience listed above.)
LICENSE(S) and/or CERTIFICATION(S):
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Some positions may require a current Certified Arborist Certification
- Some positions may require a Municipal Specialist or Master Board Certified Arborist from the ISA (International Society of Arboriculture) within probationary period.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITY(IES):
- Knowledge of various safety procedures, forestry, horticulture maintenance techniques.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- MS Word/Excel or similar software skills.
- Ability to make public presentations.
- Ability to communicate and interact with external agencies and internal departments.
- Ability to interpret City of Dallas policies/procedures, rules/ordinances.
- High school diploma/GED plus eight (8) years of the required experience including two (2) years of the stated supervisory/ management responsibilities will meet the education and experience requirements.
- An associate’s degree in any field plus six (6) years of the required experience including two (2) years of the stated supervisory/ management responsibilities will meet the education and experience requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a non-specified field plus six (6) years of the required experience including two (2) years of the stated supervisory/ management responsibilities will meet the education and experience requirements.
- A master’s degree or higher in a specified field plus two (2) years of the required experience including two (2) years of the stated supervisory/ management responsibilities will meet the education and experience requirements.
- Experience with a large municipality is preferred.
- Experience in public outreach and education is preferred.
- Mobility and Street Services: This position requires a current Certified Arborist Certification at hire and, a Municipal Specialist or Master Board Certified Arborist from the ISA (International Society of Arboriculture) within probationary period.
City of Dallas
1500 Marilla Street
1CS or 6AN
Dallas, Texas, 75201.
For more information on benefits, please visit http://cityofdallasbenefits.org/2017-2/home/
December 20, 2016
Tree Climber / Crew Leader – San Antonio
Job Title: Tree Climber / Crew Leader – $500 sign up bonus Job Type: Full Time Job Location: San Antonio, Texas Education Level: High School Diploma / GED Work Experience Required: More than four years
Travel Expectations: None
Salary: We make it – we share it / You make what you generate… really! 33K-53K Job Description: We have a career opportunity for a seasoned climber / crew leader to manage a four-person pruning / take down crew. Dependability and enthusiasm are as important as skill and experience. Crew leader candidates must be ISA certified, have a minimum of 3 years’ professional tree climbing experience with a rope and saddle and a minimum of 2 years’ experience leading a professional arborist crew. The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of advanced pruning and rigging techniques, know how to conduct pre-job briefings and teach safety training classes, be familiar with chipper operations and safety, demonstrate ability to problem solve, identify local tree species and their pruning requirements, converse easily with customers, and lead a tree crew on a day-to-day basis. Advanced safety certifications and training are a plus. We seek an individual with conscientious / efficient management skills and a hands-on attitude who will take responsibility for equipment and crew safety. If you are not yet ISA certified but have experience and a passion for tree care, we encourage you to apply for a non-management position wherein you will be provided opportunities to develop your skills and continue your arbor care education.
Company Description: 1-Two-Tree Trimming is an established and successful full service arbor care company that is experiencing substantial growth in the South Texas market. Our success model is built on small, highly trained and efficient, urban arbor care teams that perform all facets of arboriculture except planting, with adherence to A-300 and Z-133 standards. To apply for a team position you must have a valid driver’s license with insurable driving record, reliable transportation to and from the shop, and can drive a commercial vehicle (CDL preferred but not required). We offer competitive wages commensurate with experience and performance, quarterly bonus packages for achieving and exceeding revenue goals, year-round employment, a four-day work week, positive working environment, company supplied quality climbing and safety equipment, industry related continuing education with significant opportunities for career advancement, paid holidays and vacation. Full time positions additionally offer a $500 signing bonus after 90 days, uniforms with weekly cleaning service, as well as the option to buy company stock after one year. If you are a motivated, career oriented person dedicated to a higher standard of tree care and are interested in joining our team, please send / email your resume or call our office // Phone: 210-776-8746 ext 4 / Email: CareerOpportunity@1twotreetrimming.com / Address: PO Box 33188, San Antonio, TX 78265. Military veterans, especially combat arms soldiers, are encouraged to apply.Contact email: CareerOpportunity@1twotreetrimming.com
December 20, 2016
PLANT & TREE HEALTH CARE SPECIALIST – NE Texas, NW LA
ALL ABOUT TREES, LLC
PLANT & TREE HEALTH CARE SPECIALIST
All About Trees, LLC operates in Northeast Texas and Northwest Louisiana along the I-20 corridor. All About Trees, LLC is a locally owned recognized provider of superior arboriculture services. As one of the leading companies in the tree care industry in this area, we are looking for a key team member to thrive in a safety first, promote from within environment. We offer year round employment and provide training and educational opportunities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
*The ideal candidate will have 2 or more years of experience working in Plant Health Care or a College Degree in forestry or related field. *Pesticide Applicator’s License *Sales experience preferred *CDL license is preferred
*Performs all functions of the integrated pest management program, including administration, scheduling, inspections, sampling, treatments, inventories, equipment maintenance, record keeping, report writing, and customer relations.
*Understands and demonstrates proficiency with products and techniques used to maintain plant health.
*Understands and adheres to label directives on each product used.
*Utilizes all appropriate personal protective equipment.
*Understands and practices the correct mixing and transportation procedures.
*Learns, understands, and adheres to all safety rules and company safety policies.
*Submits samples and reports diagnosis to management with an action plan for the customer.
*Understands and follows directives on all pesticide and fertilizer work orders.
*Interacts regularly with clientele in order to ensure job satisfaction.
~ Meet personal and team sales goals.
~ Evaluate customers needs and build long lasting relationships.
~ Research previous accounts and generate old accounts into new accounts.
~ Maintain and expand client database.
~ Attend sales meetings and bring new ideas to the table for discussion.
SEND RESUME’ TO:
Bill Ledger 903-503-8505Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org