March 9, 2018
Experienced Climber – Sign On Bonus! – North Dallas
Monster Tree is an established and successful full-service company that is growing nationally and in your area. Our North Dallas location currently has an opening for an Experienced Climber. If you are motivated, career oriented and dedicated to a higher standard of tree care, then we would like to meet you!
Responsible for climbing, pruning and removing trees on residential and commercial properties.
Use of Aerial Lifts
Properly prepare, maintain and safely operate all tools and equipment including hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, and aerial lifts.
Operates as part of a crew supporting the Crew Foreman.
Ensure excellent Customer Service
Climbing experience utilizing rope and saddle when pruning, knowledge of knots, chainsaw operation and chipper operation.
Experience with Aerial Lifts desired
Familiarity with ANSI standards
Driver’s License required. Commercial Driver’s License helpful, or ability to obtain.
Minimum experience – 1 year climbing experience.
Experience with crew management, training, customer service, and safety procedures are highly valuable.
Monster Tree Service is an Equal Opportunity EmployerContact email: email@example.com
February 14, 2018
Forestry Technician Senior – City of Austin
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Prune trees for public safety, aesthetics, and tree health.
- Plant and water trees throughout the City.
- Operate power tools and/or heavy equipment, i.e., brush truck, water truck, winch truck, back hoe, bobcat, etc. to remove/maintain trees, stumps, branches, and debris.
- Operate aquatic weed harvester to clear away weeds, shrubs, etc. from lakes.
- Operate vehicles used in tree forestation and maintenance.
- Inspect trees for disease or pests and treat accordingly.
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment.
- Operate two-way radio.
- Answer citizen questions and provide assistance.
Responsibilities– Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- Provides leadership, guidance, and technical support to others.
More information here: https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/65104Contact email: Lara.Schuman@austintexas.gov
February 12, 2018
Field operations arborist and Express Team arborist, City of Dallas
The City of Dallas has posted for the municipal arborist position in the City of Dallas. There are two positions open for the right candidates. Duties: 1) Field operations arborist – plan review, inspections, ordinance enforcement, tree survey verification, etc.; 2) Express Team arborist – primarily in-office landscape plan review.
This may be a good fit for landscape architects, landscape designers, and horticulturists as well. It’s an opportunity to learn the regulatory side of community forestry and to build great customer relations skills.
The post closes February 24. We should be doing interviews in March. $36,620.00 – $54,087.00 Annually
February 12, 2018
Job Announcement – Staff Forester I Texas Forest Service
Locations: One open position – Lufkin, Texas
Salary: $36,000 per year plus benefits with $2,000 increase after completion of training criteria.
Major duties include: Forester will serve as forest survey crew leader and be responsible for the survey program in the assigned region. The forester will investigate land ownership in the tax office, contact landowners, locate field plots, collect and transmit forest survey data and meet production goals.
Occasional duties: The forester must perform related duties when required. Forester is encouraged to be involved with local community and professional activities not specifically related to the Texas A&M Forest Service.
Education: Applicant must be a forestry graduate (minimum B.S. Forestry) with a major in forest management or a closely related course of study from an SAF Accredited Forestry Degree Program.
Work Experience and Required Skills: GPS training, dendrology expertise preferred. Must be able to communicate clearly. Applicant must have valid Texas driver’s license or be able to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
Working Conditions: Requires outdoor field work. Must be able to work overtime, with some overnight travel. Will be in the field for extended periods of time.
Employment Status: Full-time position with full benefits
Start Date: As soon as a suitable candidate is identified
Interested persons may obtain more information at http://tfsweb.tamu.edu/jobs
Contact: Chris Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org, 979-458-6630Contact email:
February 12, 2018
Sales Arborist – Monster Tree Service, Aubrey, Texas
Monster Tree Service is committed to two things: healthy trees and satisfied customers. What sets us apart is more than our experience, our equipment, or our locations across the country. All of these things are driven by our philosophy. Our team of professional arborists are not just dedicated to doing our job—we’re committed to providing a service that benefits both our customers and the environment.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Sales Arborist in our North Dallas location. This is a well-established and highly profitable territory.
As a Sales Arborist at Monster Tree Service you will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction, estimating job costs and achieving budgeted sales goals for your territory. This is accomplished through constant communication and daily in-person appointments with customers and prospects. Our sales arborist will maintain constant communication with the owner and office staff to communicate daily visits, customer quotes and services scheduled.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Build and implement a Territory Sales Plan for his/her Territory in conjunction with Franchise Owner
- Diagnose and provide on-site estimates, review scope of work with the customer.
- Actively pursue the customer commitment to scheduling the work
- Review neighboring properties for work opportunities.
- Maintain communication with the Office Manager regarding estimates scheduled, completed and work that has been sold.
- Sales Arborist will be responsible for setting up the production crew each morning and monitoring their work
- Utilize sales process tools, software and other technologies to streamline the process for the customer.
- Attend home shows and other opportunities to demonstrate Monster Tree Service capabilities.
- Maintain arborist certification through continuing education credits
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in the green industry or related field
- ISA Certification or the ability to obtain
- Excellent communication skills
- Valid driver’s License and a clean driving record
Email Resume to email@example.comContact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
January 30, 2018
Environmental Program Coordinator
The Environmental Program Coordinator position is part of the Urban Forestry Program housed in the Development Services Department. The Urban Forestry Program is responsible for implementing Austin’s Urban Forest Plan. The City of Austin adopted Austin’s Urban Forest Plan: A Master Plan for Public Property (the Plan) in 2014. The Plan is online here.
Community’s Vision for Austin’s urban forest is set forth in the Plan:
Austin’s urban forest is a healthy and sustainable mix of trees, vegetation, and other components that comprise a contiguous and thriving ecosystem valued, protected, and cared for by the City and all of its citizens as an essential environmental, economic, and community asset.
Our program seeks to support trees and green infrastructure systems in order to improve our community’s quality of life through reduced urban heat, energy use, and improved air and water quality. To accomplish this the DSD Urban Forestry Program collaborates with other City programs and external partners, and uses programming, contracts, and community engagement to advance our Vision.
January 30, 2018
Brush Recycling Center Representative
Round Rock, Texas
$12.87 – $16.10
OPENING DATE: 01/26/18 CLOSING DATE: 02/12/18 11:59 PM DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, the Brush Recycling Center Representative maintains and provides Brush Recycling Center support. Work involves assisting in the recycling center and performing various duties to support special events. EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: Assists in the recycling center by performing customer service duties.
Loads brush into Wermeer horizontal grinder with font end loader and moves mulch from underneath grinder conveyer belt
Completes paperwork associated with customer service and revenue. Handles money for brush drop off and mulch sale charges at BRC.
Operates heavy equipment, including a Wermeer horizontal grinder and front end loader, to process and grind brush into mulch..
Cleans building, restrooms, machines, driveway and overall facility.
Maintains and completes minor repairs of heavy equipment to keep them safe and operational. Check fluids in the vehicle when necessary; maintains air pressure in tires; cleans filters, radiators, and vehicles.
Supports all tree planting.
Assists with annual Christmas tree recycling and seedling giveaway.
Assists in tree cleanup work after storms.
Supports special events by setting up, tearing down and other miscellaneous duties.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Six (6) months experience in general labor.
Must have customer service and cash handling experience.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED: Valid driver’s license required.
May require additional certification or licenses depending on assigned area.
December 18, 2017
IT Geospatial Analyst Senior position
The City of Austin has an IT Geospatial Analyst Senior position. The purpose of this position is to lead geospatial analysis projects related to urban forestry such as urban tree canopy cover analysis, map assets and resources, and facilitate data collection and storage related to urban forest health initiatives. Visit the City’s website to find more information and to apply. https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/63788Contact email:
December 18, 2017
Sales Arborist, Experienced Climbers, Crew Leaders and Groundsmen
Monster Tree Service is coming to Austin!
Monster Tree is an established and successful full-service company that is growing nationally and in the Austin area. We currently have openings for a Sales Arborist, Experienced Climbers, Crew Leaders and Groundsmen If you are motivated, career oriented and dedicated to a higher standard of tree care, then we would like to meet you!
Contact Valerie Bowser, National Talent Director email@example.comContact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
November 27, 2017
Job Announcement – Conservation Education Coordinator
Texas A&M Forest Service is seeking a Conservation Education Coordinator. This position will help implement the agency’s communications strategic plan and integrate critical conservation programs such as Project Learning Tree, Tree Trails, Nature Challenge and Wildfire Curriculum while supporting the Forest Literacy Plan and agency mission to inspire exploration, appreciation and conservation of our natural world. The most competitive applicants will demonstrate:
• ability to connect with people;
• effective communication through talks, presentations and written material;
• experience delivering environmental education information using a variety of methods including online tools; and
• ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Location: College Station, TX
Salary: $40,000 per year
• Develop and deliver programs: Connect children and families to nature through agency programs such as Tree Trails, Nature Challenge and Project Learning Tree. Serve as state co-coordinator of Texas Project Learning Tree in deep coordination with Texas Forestry Association. Lead the implementation and maintence of the Texas Forest Literacy Plan
• Develop and implement curriculum: Write curriculum in in adherence with the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS), Texas A&M Forest Service messages and agency communications team goals and strategies. Serve as lead instructor in the delivery of program curriculum. Support and coordinate educational and outreach events, vounteers and educators.
• Provide training to: Natural resource professionals, educators, internal personnel.
• Provide resources such as project management, curriculum, electronic tools, presentation tools, access to expertise, activities and materials, cache of handouts for internal personnel, educators, children, public, natural resource professionals, landowners and civic leaders.
• Partnership development: Work cooperatively to present conservation education programming and cohesive messaging.
• Work with and manage volunteers;
• Serve as Outreach Coordinator liaison to USDA Forest Service;
• Promote forestry vocations among students, underserved groups (children and adults), life-long learners of all ages and niche groups such as urban audiences and wildland fire communities;
• Capitalize on public relations and media relations opportunities. Help coordinate and organize public events (i.e. Arbor Day, Earth Day, Evirothon, Forestry Field Days);
• Utilize toolbox of communications tools to promote and raise awareness of conservation education messages;
• Seek, write, administer and implement grants for alternate funding in support of conservation education;
• Maintain websites and social media pages; and
• Professional organization participation.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in education and/or natural science. Master’s degree preferred. Proficiency in MS Office. Must have or be able to obtain a Texas driver license within 30 days of employment and have a driving record that meets agency requirements.
Essential Knowledge and Required Skills: Writing curriculum. Teaching diverse audiences. Public speaking and presentation delivery. Marketing – to include traditional media and new technology. Media relations experience. Able to develop and implement environmental educational programs. Able to organize and lead public events. Develop and maintain effective working partnerships. Grant writing, administration and implementation. Budget planning, maintenance and administration.
Comments: Some work may occur after hours and require out of town travel. Employment is contingent upon the agency’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by agency procedures, including the completion of a criminal history check. Finalists will be required to furnish a copy of official transcript documenting degree conferred. Texas law requires all males 18-25 show proof of compliance with federal Selective Service law to be eligible for employment.
Working Conditions: Office with minimal field work
Employment Status: Full-time position with full benefits
Closing date: Open until filled
Linda Moon, Communications and Marketing Manager, (979) 458-6614, email@example.comContact email: firstname.lastname@example.org