- This event has passed.
Caring for our Senior Trees Workshop – San Antonio
April 20 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$150
Howdy! The online registration is now closed but you can register at the door.
Please read below for information you will need for Friday’s Mature Tree Care Workshop.
Parking: This is college campus so read this over before you get in your car to drive over.
- Print out this map (Map 1) – it provides the walking path to reach the University of the Incarnate Word Mabee Library, 4301 Broadway St, San Antonio, TX 78209. The Auditorium is on the ground level.
- Print out this parking pass. All attendees should place a pass on their dashboards.
- Please enter the campus at the Burr Road entrance off Broadway at the light.
- Print out this map (Map 2) also – On April 20th, there is a large event planned for the Alamo Heights community on the university campus. Preparations begin at the crack of dawn! Map 2 is the overview of all parking. Basically the so-called “Economy Parking Areas” will not be available. If you are an early arrival, try the “Premium Parking Area” first and the “Free Lots” second.
- Arrive early: Our start time is 9 am sharp – parking and walking to the Mabee Library will take a few minutes so arrive early. Registration will open at 8:30 and coffee will be available.
- Lunch will be supplied
See you there!
Overview: Everyone is invited to this ISA Texas Chapter Master’s Series in Arboriculture that will help you to understand how trees age and teach you the specialized skills required to maintain mature trees. Mature trees respond differently to available resources and environmental changes than younger trees. Tree health care management must account for the unique processes of mature trees and different arboricultural practices are required to help maintain mature tree health, structural integrity, and growth. Mature tree physiology and prescriptions for pruning, fertilization, and prevention of injury will be highlighted.
9-10:30am: Dr. Rex Bastian – The Davey Tree Expert Company
Title: Part 1: Arboriculture and Energy Dynamics: Understanding the Maturing Tree
10:45-Noon: Dr. RJ Laverne – The Davey Tree Expert Company
Title: Maintaining Mature Trees – Lightning Protection
Noon – 1:00pm: Lunch
1-2:30pm: Dr. RJ Laverne – The Davey Tree Expert Company
Title: Maintaining Mature Trees –Cabling and Bracing
2:45-4:00pm: Dr. Rex Bastian – The Davey Tree Expert Company
Title: Part 2: Arboriculture and Energy Dynamics: Understanding the Maturing Tree
2.75: BCMA S
2.75: BCMA P